close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G22 or G35

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Sweater, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Sweater

Sweater

Im planning to get my first 40SW, and my choice will be between a G22 and a G35, any input far as recoil and accuracy for webmates who tried these guns.Any input will be appreciated.

2. isuzu

isuzu

A lot of uniformed policemen use Glock 22 while some tactical units use Glock 35. For competition, I'd go for the Glock 35. You can use it for limited division and use it in USPSA production division, provided the gun has its original parts - last time I read the USPSA rules (any fellow USPSA BOGs who would further enlighten this?). If I'm not mistaken, USPSA trigger pulls limits on the production class is not 5 lbs for the first shot.

By the way, what part of the Jersey shore do you live? I lived in Pt. Pleasant Boro late 1982 - mid-1983. Nice place!

3. MR_BIG

MR_BIG

i have a g35, you wont appreciate it when using stock sights, once i replaced them with adjustables, its a different story, i believe the gun is more accurate than me.

4. atmarcella

atmarcella

g35.... when i bought my gun there was'nt any for sale so i settled for the 22.... i should've waited:)

5. Sweater

Sweater

Thanks for the info Webmates.

6. boholglock

boholglock

I went thru the same dilemma few months back since i wanted a GLOCK in .40. Got the G35 (December 2005) and never looked back. I'm very happy with it.
    Tell us what you decide to get.
    Shoot safely.

7. wingz

wingz speed not power

sweater,

i myself is planning to buy a .40, i shot a g22 once but never tried a g35. so i did some research and most reviews came out like these: The recoil in a g22 was not a problem at all since it is average for a .40 pistol. and it is the 2nd most accurate tested .40 pistol (2.65 in 5 shot group) next to sig P229 (2.28 in), at 25 yards; outgrading HK USP .40, Beretta model 96, Walther P99, and the first .40 pistol- S&W Model 4006. While the g35 has a longer slide & barrel it gives away little pointability due to its heavier weight but it makes easy & accurate shots at long distances. Hope these helps.

wingz

8. SMBeerDealer

SMBeerDealer Member

Think USPSA Production rules do not have a minimum trigger pull for the first shot unlike IPSC where it is set at a 5lb minimum.

9. alpha1g23

alpha1g23 diamondback

may g35 ako dati works fine esp. with aftermarket kkm barrel sarap talaga iputok, now i got g22 younger bro nya 200rnds fired and still working on it....