G22 mags fired through a G26...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by MartinBlank, Mar 28, 2010.

1. MartinBlank

MartinBlank

Before I shot Glocks I shot Berettas. Since then I've known that the mags between a 92 and 96 are interchangeable, in that, I've always wondered if the same could hold true for a Glock.

Went shooting today with a buddy and I test fired his G22 mags (loaded with 9mm) through my G26, and they worked perfectly. Would I recommend carrying 40S&W mags in your Glock chambered for 9mm, NO WAY, but I would say that they'd be useful as range mags.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  2. mikeflys1

mikeflys1 Pastafarian

Yea, I've done the same thing before with no issues.

3. ramrunnr

ramrunnr

I've have used 17 and 19 round mags from my G17 and some 33 round G18 mags in my G26, but never used a "wrong" caliber mag. My understanding that the only physical difference from the .40 S&W and 9mm Luger mags was the follower. (I read that somewhere, but I only have 9mm mags and have nothing personally to compare to.) I wouldn't have tried that because I would have thought that it would invent a Glock "jam-o-matic", but it looks like you have proof to the contrary. When I add a .40S&W to my stable, I'll probably try it just to see for myself.

4. jasonfriesen

jasonfriesen

It works okay but as you load more rounds into the mag you'll see that the 9mm is under enough spring pressure that the top round is really close to slipping out. It's okay for the range but not for carry or competition. The feed lips on the .40 mag are slightly wider to accomodate the larger caliber and the follower is different.

5. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

This is correct. Mag for 40 and 9mm are not interchangeable. They may work when you use the 40 mags for 9mm but the lips are wider on the 40 mags.

6. striker6126

striker6126

They will work. During the clinton years I carried a 10rnd g22 mag with 13rnds of 9mm in my g17 . I never had any kind of malfunctions.

I have also fired several hundred .40 rounds in a g18 mag so that will work also.