Glock Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to build a "longslide" G23. I know of 2 methods for sure:

1. buy a G22 and chop the grip a little to take G23 mags

2. buy a G22 slide and combine it with a LWD G23L barrel and extended dust cover, drop it all on a G23 frame

But I'm wondering if I can use the complete G22 slide with Glock factory barrel if I put a G22 locking block in the G23 frame. Will the G22 block even fit in the 23? Anybody ever try that? Most Glock slides I've seen for sale come with the barrel as well, so why not try to use it.

Oh yeah, to all you little old ladies that have nothing to add but "why you wanna do that?" or "that's dumb", save your negativity or tell it to your momma.

my apologies in advance to those great members who still make GT a viable place to exchange useful information!!!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I want to build a "longslide" G23. I know of 2 methods for sure:

1. buy a G22 and chop the grip a little to take G23 mags

2. buy a G22 slide and combine it with a LWD G23L barrel and extended dust cover, drop it all on a G23 frame

But I'm wondering if I can use the complete G22 slide with Glock factory barrel if I put a G22 locking block in the G23 frame. Will the G22 block even fit in the 23? Anybody ever try that? Most Glock slides I've seen for sale come with the barrel as well, so why not try to use it.

Oh yeah, to all you little old ladies that have nothing to add but "why you wanna do that?" or "that's dumb", save your negativity or tell it to your momma.

my apologies in advance to those great members who still make GT a viable place to exchange useful information!!!
Why not make it a real long slide, put a 35 upper on your 23. I went the LWD route with a 19 and a 34 upper. Awsome set up.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really would like to build a 23/35 combo but the bean counters where I work limit us to a 5 in. barrel for on duty use which is what I want it for. That rules out the Glock 34 & 35 pistolas entirely. The dept. does issue us G22's but they prolly wouldn't appreciate my creativity with a hacksaw on one of their guns.

I've seen some nice modified frames here on GT. The Steyr M40 in my avatar has had it's grip chopped to S40 size and came out pretty nice. M40's are cheap and plentiful, S40's are kinda hard to find and pricey, that's why I did that one.

thanks for the info on the locking blocks!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.