Glock 17 g22 frame and g17 barrel and upper?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by f1b32oPTic, Aug 7, 2003.

Tags:
  1. f1b32oPTic

f1b32oPTic R4d104c71v3

i have a third generation g22 and i was wondering if it is possible to put a g17 upper and barrel on it to shoot 9's? the specks on glocks page looks like it would fit...i know you could simply rebarrel to a 9mm but i would like to have a dedicated upper so i accidentaly wouldnt mix up the ammo...plus g17 preban mags are alot cheaper than the g22 prebans...

2. Steve Koski

Steve Koski Got Insurance? Millennium Member

It'll work fine. However, the cost of the upper is 65% of the cost of a new pistol. For a few more bucks you could have two guns. This is what usually happens.

Another option is to put a 9mm conversion barrel in your G22 slide. This works fine too, but isn't recommended for carry.

Koski

3. f1b32oPTic

f1b32oPTic R4d104c71v3

hmmm...i wonder why its not recommended for carry? i would be willing to buy a dedicated upper...if i used a dedicated upper then it should be 100% glock reliable right? are there any differences in the gen 3 g22 and g17 frames?

4. Steve Koski

Steve Koski Got Insurance? Millennium Member

Conversion barrels aren't recommended for carry because they are less than ideal. A complete upper swap is fine for carry. The only difference may be an extra pin in the full size .40 frames. If this is the case, it will certainly handle 9mm.

Koski

5. f1b32oPTic

f1b32oPTic R4d104c71v3

thanks for the info koski..i think i will get a g17 upper and barrel..i want a forty and a 9 and i cant think of a better way or platform for it...ill put the setup through my cheap ammo torture test and let you know how things went...