Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
20,411 Posts
All you need to shoot more expensive ammo is a G31 factory barrel.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I use a Storm Lake barrel and enjoy shooting the .357 SIG more than the .40. It cost a few dollars more but heck I don't shoot that much to notice the extra expense. I usually purchase my SIG ammo online.

·
Nagant-ophile
1,517 Posts
1. 10head - Welcome to the board! :wavey:

2. If your G22 is a 2nd generation model (no fingergrooves or light rail), stop here - you aren't supposed to shoot .357SIG in them and thus shouldn't even consider getting a .357SIG barrel.

3. If it is a 3rd Gen or later, there are plenty of barrels out there - take your pick. :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gen 3 i think has finger groves and rail, cant find anything on ser# nht---, bought used no fired case envelope, if i can change to 357sig, will it wear out faster, is the m31 frame stronger? thanks

·
Nagant-ophile
1,517 Posts
gen 3 i think has finger groves and rail, cant find anything on ser# nht---, bought used no fired case envelope, if i can change to 357sig, will it wear out faster, is the m31 frame stronger? thanks
Your gun is a candidate for a G31 barrel (or LWD or SL or ??) if you are set on making it a .357SIG. Those frames are exactly the same for the 9mm & .357SIG & .40 & even .45GAP, so there will NOT be any additional wear.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks Njanear i have two g22's and sold my sig. 357sig but have dies and a lot of brass and 500+ rds of factory to shoot, could go 9mm but have a 1911 9mm and have herd you need to change the extractor for 9mm also traded my kim10 and will be getting a g20 i see a pattern forming

1 - 7 of 7 Posts