G21sf with ambi mag release

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by awq134, Nov 3, 2010.

1. awq134

awq134

as stated in the title i have a G21sf with that ambi mag release. I haven't had a single problem with it in the 2 years i have had it. it hasn't released when i didnt' tell it to nor has it fallen out of the mag well like i have read about. I'm impartial to it really. I have never used the release from the right side so i really don't need it. It was a gift so i'm not going to complain by any means. The one minute issue i have with it isn't an issue with it yet. I carry it on a daily basis in an IWB holster. I have noticed that the release is putting a pretty good imprint on the leather that sits between the gun and my side. It has yet to actuate the release and dump the mag while carrying it, but is somewhat of a concern if it were to happen.

I guess what i'm getting at is does anyone know if i can replace it with a non-ambi mag release? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Q.

2. Njanear

Njanear Nagant-ophile

There is no way to simply swap out the mag release to fix the problem; the design is too different. Quite a few people have sent their Ambi 21SFs back to Glock to swap for a non-ambi frame - and now have mismatched SNs (if that matters to you).

3. awq134

awq134

how much do they charge for a swap like that?

4. Njanear

Njanear Nagant-ophile

5. awq134

awq134

6. TedG

TedG Infidel USA

When I sent mine back to Smyrna, I told them I didn't want mis-matched numbers and Glock sent me an entire new G21SF. You don't have to just get a frame replacement. It just takes a little longer to get a whole new pistol.

7. argy1182

argy1182

I also kind of wish I hadn't gone with the ambi release. The standard release seems to depress more smoothly. Maybe I'll make the change too.

8. DFin

DFin

If mine becomes a problem I will send it back but I like the pic rail and the standard release frames that Glock replaces them with do not have the pic rail.