close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G21SF in limited standard...crazy? Comments please

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by techno97, Jan 7, 2010.

1. techno97

techno97

People think I'm crazy but I've been using my G21SF w/ barsto barrel and sheaer plug in limited standard due to my natural disadvantage. I think that it ain't and that the real reason behind my poor performance is due to my lack of practice and detail into my pre-competition preparation (loads etc.)

Comments anyone?

2. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

Wish I could help you out with this.
    Try posting over on the GSSF page and repost this.
    DannyR and others there can help you out.

3. whitey4311

whitey4311

I use the exact same set up for USPSA and run Lim 10 and do pretty good. I chose the 21sf as the best balance for a 45acp gun that will I can CCW and compete with. I dont care much about scoring but want to be able to shoot my CCW gun really well and I think I made a great choice with the 21sf. I would say if you are wanting to score high then yes you are at a disadvantage. Just the slow slide movement let alone the recoil of a 45 adds time to your score and you cant double tap as fast as the other guys.

4. Dave T

Dave T

I'm guessing "limited standard" is some class in some kind of competition but I have no idea what your "natural disadvantage" might be. Having been around for the founding of IPSC & IDPA plus competing in steel combat shoots and even Police Revolver (PPC) matches, I can pretty well guarantee the gun you shoot has little or nothing to do with your performance. I've seen any number of really good shooters win with sub-standard weapons. Likewise, I've seen duffers with top of the line custom guns finish in last place more often I can remember. If you don't practice (including mental preparation for competition) you won't do well no matter what gun you use.

Dave