G21SF and the Palm Beach Gun Show

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by TedG954, Feb 15, 2010.

1. TedG954

TedG954

I've been waiting for the first decent gunshow of 2010 and it finally arrived. I went to the Palm Beach Fairgrounds on Saturday with a mission to obtain a G21SF. This show is pretty decent in size. There are a lot of tables with plenty of things to buy. Plenty of everything except G21SF Glocks. To make my task even more difficult, I wanted the model with the full picintinny rail.

My first trip around the show was unsuccessful. I saw a couple of 21s, but no 21SF. I found an XD45 for $469 that was LNIB. I was a little tempted (or pressured by the hole the cash in my pocket was burning). I didn't cave-in and passed the XD over.

There was some guy selling pots and pans (?) and he had a bunch of chairs, so I sat down for a rest. As I sat there, I saw some Glocks on a table about 4 feet away. I walked over and sure enough, there was a G21SF on the table. That was all well and good, but the gun had night sights, and I don't believe in night sights. Specially for $100 more.

So, I asked, "Do you have any other G21SFs?" The guy working there said, "yes" and brought up a box from under the table. It was a brand new G21SF. With the standard rail. I said that I'd take it, but I was hoping for the full accessory rail. The salesman directed me to the area for paperwork and payment. On my way, the salesman ran up to me and said, "I found one with the full rail, if you'd prefer it." So, I got what I wanted. $529.00

After making the purchace, I went straight to the Glock armourer and had a 3.5 trigger installed. $25

It turned out to be a good day. Today, I ordered a Insight M3 light. :cool:

2. OLEDAVE

OLEDAVE What you said?

Congrats on your purchase! Your patience paid off!

3. shineybore

shineybore

I was in Palm Beach last year on buisness. I went to the gun show to kill some time. Pretty nice show all and all. Like you said people sell everything there. Must have been at least 10 tables selling jerky. I bought some odds and ends no firearms of course. I'd like to go back sometime. Congrats!

4. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

Ted'

You know you need to post some "new Glock pics"
    So you got the picatinny rail G21sf? :supergrin:

5. TedG954

TedG954

Yep, with the picatinny rail. I'll post a pic when the M3 arrives. In .45, I've had Colt 1911s for literally 40 years. I've had Wilson, Baer, and Yost. I've had bone stock and tricked out. I was a 1911 snob. :tongueout:

Glock? :rofl:

Well, there's no way I'd ever pick any 1911 over the 21 now that I've been educated.

Just goes to show, you CAN teach an old dog a new trick. :wavey:

6. up1911fan

up1911fan

Nice, I wanna add a G21SF to my collection as well. Unfortunately it's about 5 or 6 on the list. Hopefully sooner than later.