close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G21c

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by i_kawlang, Aug 21, 2004.

1. i_kawlang

i_kawlang

;D Hello. I bought G21C last year and tested it with first 13 rounds with FMJ, followed by 200 rounds of reload and 20 rounds again with FMJ. When i got home and clean it I found that the Compensated holes has a lead build up on it. I tried to clean it... rubbed it with clean cloth to no avail. Please help. Hirap kasi nasa Saudi ako but I will be in the Phils next year. Is this G21C a good buy? Thanks.

2. 9MX

9MX Rei!

welcome i_kalawang! when you return, buy hoppes no.9 sa stronghand. tanggal yan.

3. Valor1

Valor1 Range Bum

That is the only concern I've had with the compensated Glocks. Too much lead build-up on the holes. If you are using night sights, the front sights gets too dirty after a few rounds or so. Since you already have it and is tired of cleaning, get an aftermarket barrel. This way you get the best of both worlds (comp and non-comp).

Is it a good buy? Of course not. I'll be willing to get it from you anytime to relieve you of any further agonies.:cool:

4. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

I second Valor1's advice on getting an aftermarket or a stock G21 non-ported barrel. It's for those days when you want to keep the hot gases from flying near your face ;f .

Is it a good buy? Of course, it'll only lead you to one direction-- a Glock 30 ;f

5. vega

vega

i_kawlang - Welcome to the forum!;c

Didn't you know that its bad juju to stock your pistol for so many months without firing it. I suggest you leave it to one BOG member so he can shoot it from time to time to keep it in top shape. It's up to you if you'll provide the ammo. ;)

Hoppes 9 will take care of lead deposit. Like the others said, get an aftermarket non-ported barrel.

vega

6. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Another advice is to not shoot fmj after shooting lead, that's like knocking on KB's doors. ;L :)

7. i_kawlang

i_kawlang

Thanks guys for helping me. Sure I will get aftermarket barrel next year at what cost?? Its nice and helpfull to be member here in BOG's. My late father use to have Super .380 Colt, I just dont know who among my borther has it now. You think it is good to have it and exchange it with G21c?

8. julianz

julianz toxic master

aba dumadami tayo mga sadik
    welcome;W

9. vega

vega

Keep the G21C. Do you mean 38 super? IMO.

vega

10. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

To remove lead build up on the compensators of open guns, a dental pick is recommended. Maybe you can use the same on your ports. ;)

Also, check this thread out.

11. i_kawlang

i_kawlang

Mc how much will it cost me and what store you recommend to buy a barrel. I ask twin pines about it(where i got my glock) but they are not selling parts. What is the best concealed .45 pistol? Im planning to buy one next year.

12. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Try calling Tru Weight (732-4263) or Jethro if they have a barrel for the G21. ;)

Also, meron yata dito sa board nagbebenta ng G30 niya. Maganda i-complement yan sa G21 mo. ;)

13. julianz

julianz toxic master

how about jhp after lead reloads?

14. deenoh

deenoh

I think it doesnt make a difference. Same principle with the FMJ, when the bullet is on its way out of the barrel the lead will not be pushed out but pressed more into the barrel itself causing more lead buildup that is harder to remove.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong