Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by charlie-xray, Mar 14, 2007.
Galing G21, anybody here has it na?
Do not have it yet, maybe after the "ban guns" period during the next gun show...but a few months ago, there was this fellow shooter at PBD range whose name escapes me now, who was testing his "renovated" G21C at the 15M room in said range. He had installed a "rotary switch" to make the pistol shoot semi and full auto at the rear left side of the slide...and his loads were 200gr.LRN on top 4 to 4.5gr 310VV powder. He was quite gracious to let us try his "lightning rod". Burst firing at the 10-12M mark 3 shots grouped at about 6=7in. always. At that moment I was "sold"...went to the Nov. gunshow opening day determined to get one but salesman told me they did not bring their demo unit which sidetracked me to get another FA instead.
His G21C shoots really fast, you cannot keep count whether your burst is 3 or 5...Sounded the same. As a carry pistol, IMO, it's quite formidable but fellow who owned the pistol said you have to practice or shoot it regularly as one of the shooters who tried it shot some lizards at the ceiling of the room when he burst fired his first shots and considering that he was a G22 owner himself.
When I decide to carry, it will either be a G21 or G21C with the Full auto switch.
Nice gun..g21, indeed bro. Am planning to have that one someday. Nice addition to my collection..hehe..
Well... What I have is a G21, it's been around for some time na What do you want to know about the G21?
He must have meant G21 SF.
The G21 SF with the piccatinny rails just looks ugly to me.
These are my queries bro...
1. Can we put basepads on its magazine and where can we buy it?
2. Can we put fiber optic front sight without altering the slide by the gunsmith?
3. Is it not prone to KBs like the other glocks in .40sw?
4. Are we not at a disadvantage if we use in in IPSC standard division?
5. How many times could we use the shell for competition purposes?
6. Can we use +P ammo on it?
Sensya na bro..dami ko tanong..TIA
1. Yes, Scherer makes them, don't know who sells them here.
2. Yes, same as other glocks.
3. It depends on what you mean by KB. When weak brass is used, a glock smile is usually produced. Sometimes the case ruptures resulting to burnt fingers but the gun is still ok and the mag not so ok. This can be avoided with the use of strong brass or with a new bbl with more case support.
4. It depends on the user, usually its the indian not the arrow.
5. With good brass, maybe until it cracks. With weak brass, around 4-5 reloads in major.
6. Sure, I tried Corbon, Hornady and Winchester +p with no problems and no glock smiles.
Probably, the only plus point on the SF is the trimmed down grip, making it more versatile especially for shooters with small to mid-sized hands.
The ambi mag release can also be a plus factor but may not appeal to everyone.
The new rail may seem queer to most Glockers but it doesn't bother me. This model was built for the army and these were their prerequisites.
Overall, I think the G21's are one of Glock's best.
SAlamat kaayo bai!...
1. yes, trust trade i think may stock
2. yes, dawson precision meron
3. it will still kb if youre not carefull with your brass.
4. depends on your skill level, some single stackers, mabilis pa sa hi-cap guys
5. depends on your load and your shells, local ones madali mabuntis, mine, lapas 8 na yatang gamit, dumadaan sa re-sizer sakin and load ko 165pf lang for practice.
6. no prob sa corbon sakin, punishing nga lang sa recoil, lalo na 230 +P....sa g30 ko yun pala
You can't go wrong with G21. Dito sa 'Tate hindi pwede ang full auto. I have TFO on my G21 and love it. I use it also on IPSC and IDPA.