Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a gen 5 34. Like the feel and that I put an RMR on it.
Problem is I shoot my well uses G21 way better. I don't know what I'm doing wrong/different. I'm shooting my reloads that shoot great in my G19. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
I think your previous responses were correct. The g21 is slightly larger in the grip and perhaps that slight difference is causing your trouble. I find i shoot my 21 better than my 37 also but i do prefer the larger grip.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought a gen 5 34. Like the feel and that I put an RMR on it.
Problem is I shoot my well uses G21 way better. I don't know what I'm doing wrong/different. I'm shooting my reloads that shoot great in my G19. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
That is where i'm confused. I shoot my 19 and 26 just fine.
Gonna try the backstrap idea and see What it does. I initially had the small beaver tail on it, but took it off

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
That is where i'm confused. I shoot my 19 and 26 just fine.
Gonna try the backstrap idea and see What it does. I initially had the small beaver tail on it, but took it off
The 19 and 26 have a different backstrap shape from the 34 as well as from each other. So not relevant.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The 19 and 26 have a different backstrap shape from the 34 as well as from each other. So not relevant.
Since they both group really well, with the different shapes, they are relevant.

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Since they both group really well, with the different shapes, they are relevant.
Not, since they are different. Might group well with a 1911 or revolver, too. Need to consider the 34 with or without backstraps on its own.

·
MacGyver
7,587 Posts
What do you mean by shooting "better"?
This cannot be helped over the internet.

Get training, Train more.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
M
What do you mean by shooting "better"?
This cannot be helped over the internet.

Get training, Train more.
Much better groups, my other Glocks group much better. BTW, I've been a pretty good pistol shooter for many years. Thanks

·
1 WILD PIG
290 Posts
It may just be that particular G34... I had a gen 3 G17 set up with truglo night sights and a smoothed action that I just could not shoot as good of group as I could with my other bone stock G17... or even my G26 when I went to 15 yards and farther... no matter the ammo used... I tried and tried but I finally accepted it and eventually sold it. I also shot a friends gen 3 G34 and it didn't impress me either. I later got the G41 and have been happy with it... but the gen 5 G34 has had me intrigued... until now ! All of the 45 caliber Glocks I've had have been good shooters... I like my G21 and G41. I got a G19X last year and it shoots good... guess I'll stick with it and my G17 for my full size 9mm Glock shooting. It'd be nice to run across a G34 that was more accurate than what I've got... maybe some day.
Best of luck to ya,
1WP

Reactions: G19G26

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Changed to Titegroup and groups shrunk incredibly.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Just buy a G45 and your groups will become smaller and you will enjoy shooting more.This is of course just my not humble opinion on Glocks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just buy a G45 and your groups will become smaller and you will enjoy shooting more.This is of course just my not humble opinion on Glocks.
Now why would I want.to do that? That reply has nothing to do with my question. Although, I do have a tack driving G19 that I have shot competitively with.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts