G21 Range Report

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by GWG19, Feb 10, 2013.

1. GWG19

GWG19

Well I just received my new barrel for the G21. The barrel is the Lone Wolf threaded barrel. I purchased this barrel from EBay at a GT members store, and to be honest was a bit leary due to the reviews of it. How ever I had a different experience than some of the folks out there.
    I did shoot reloads which where a 200 grain RNFP as well as Federal 230 grain ball ammo.
    I had zero cycling problems, zero brass to the face.
    I also ran the barrel with the Ti-Rant 45 supressor on it. Again no cycling problems no brass to the face.
    Accuracy was more than adequate with the reloads and the factory, both supreesed and Unsupressed. I was shooting a 15 yards.

Target shot with the supressor on and using Federal ammo
    [​IMG]

2. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Thanks for taking time to post a report of good results with your Lone Wolf barrel. It's good to have balanced pro and con info for reference. Negative trouble reports usually get all the attention and publicity. I hope the Lone Wolf barrel continues to give you excellent service.

3. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Yep, the negative usually gets more press, thanks for posting this

:50cal:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  4. Kentguy

Kentguy

GWG19..."Well I just received my new barrel for the G21. The barrel is the Lone Wolf threaded barrel...I also ran the barrel with the Ti-Rant 45 supressor on it."

That sounds like a nice set up you have their for you 45. I have had limited experience using Lone Wolf barrels in Glocks but what I have shot, I thought they were an excellent produce.

I agree, it seem that the negative comment do get all the press, that is one reason why I remain silent in those threads.

That is a very nice pattern at 15 yards, whether self defense or just range practice, you can't be unhappy with those results. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the range report - keep em coming.

5. GWG19

GWG19

Kentguy
    I was very pleased with the initial results. Our local range has a one shot per second rule. Seems kinda dumb till you look at all of the damage to the range. I shoot there most every week and i will go back in when the range is empty and try some point shooting drills and bring that target in closer for those drills.

Next project is a set of suppressor height sights. Then I believe I am going to get the slide cut and install a Doctor Optics red dot on it.
    I tell you the suppressor on the 21 cut the recoil to almost nothing. At least that was my perception of the " perceived recoil".

6. Rustin

Rustin

Pics of the gun or it was a 1911!:tongueout:

7. GWG19

GWG19

Your killin me. It could have been a 1911, I have 8 of them:supergrin:
    It is not much to look at. Looks like a stock Glock :yawn: with a bit of barrel sticken out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Rustin

Rustin

LOL! I would imagine it's hard to allocate some brass to the Glock when you've got 8 1911's!

Great pics. Man that thing is awesome, and I bet it's a blast with the trident! How do you like shooting it compared to your 1911's? I'm gonna get a .45 Glock at some point, and the 21 is on the top of that list, but my love for the 1911 is strong, and there is a lot of stuff I want to do to my loaded springer before I start buying more guns. Thanks.

9. GWG19

GWG19

I bought the 21 because I have a KRISS Super V and they use the same mags. I was gonna use it as a truck gun, but that plan changed.
    How does it shoot. The grip of course is fatter. The biggest thing for me was the finger groves on the front, they are bothersome. Once I get to shooting I don't notice them.
    Recoil is about the same between the 1911 and the 21.
    Accuracy: I have a couple of 1911's that are tack drivers. But the 21 is shaping up.
    Accessories, both guns have a ton of upgrades for them.
    As far as speed shooting, I have not got to run the 21 fast. I shoot a 1911 in Wild Bunch competition and the 1911 is fast and controllable. Not that I hit every target.:whistling: