close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G21 Mag Springs?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Stealther, Aug 16, 2002.

1. Stealther

Stealther

I just picked up a pre-ban G21 mag that had a "Super 2" +2 baseplate on it. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what mag springs I should get for it? Going to use it in my G30.

Thanks!

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

If it's not a factory Glock extended magazine base, you cannot use it unless you wish to shoot in Unlimited/Masters category. I have not heard of "Super 2" before.

3. don't tread on me

don't tread on me

If it is not a Glock +2, i wouldn't even put it on your mags.

4. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

To answer your question, Wolfe Springs makes their +10% springs for most of the Glock mags. They are what most guys use in their mags for IPSC etc when using mag extensions.
    ISMI also makes mag springs for Glocks. While I have never used them, I have used their recoil springs. They are in my opinion the best out there and I would expect their mag springs to be of the same quality. Matt from Custom Glock Racing carries ISMI springs.

There are numerous mag extensions out there for Glock mags. I am not familiar with that particular one, but I have used at least 3 different aftermarket mag extensions when shooting IPSC without problems. In fact, some are built and designed a lot better than Glock's.

5. Stealther

Stealther

Thanks guys, was mainly looking for the spring information, but the info about the GSSF limitations was a nice bonus. Are genuine Glock +2 baseplates readily available? If so, could you suggest a place that has them? I've seen various baseplates for the smaller calibers but nothing for the .45 mags.

Thanks,

6. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I have part numbers for the 9mm/40 bases but do not have any part numbers for the G20/G21 bases. If your bases are plain black with no markings, then they are probably Scherer bases. Check with Matt ant Custom Glock Racing for the most reliable aftermarket bases.