close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G21 extraction issues

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by beachgun, Sep 4, 2010.

1. beachgun

beachgun

I took my new to me Glock 21 to the range today. It is a first generation gun-no rail, no finger grooves pistol, but has had a Robar grip reduction and texturing, along with an update from Glock. I bought it used about a month ago, and this is the first outing with it.

Shooting S&B 230 FMJ ammo, the first 13 rounds were flawless. Inserted another loaded magazine, and during that string, I had four failures to extract. Went back to the first mag, and had 3 more failure to extract in 8 rounds. I emptied the mag and put the gun away for the rest of the range trip.

I have now been able to look at the gun and it looks like the extractor might be damaged. HAs there been any issues with G21's and broken extractors? Seller supposedly only put 500 rounds through it, so I am thinking it might just be a freak occurence. Just for the record, the gun is over 15 years old.

If I can manage to get some good pictures of the extractor, I will post them. Anyone direct me to pictures of proper extractor by any chance to compare?

Beach

2. JR

JR Moderator Millennium Member