close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G20 Shooting low

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by telecster, Jan 8, 2010.

1. telecster

telecster

I have had my G20 now about 2 months a love it. My only issue is that it shoots low. Any one else experience this. I am thinking about adding night sights so adjustments can be made. It seems to shoot about 3" low at 7-8 yards. I have been shooting fairly light loads. Any other suggestions or opinions?

2. BigBull 301

BigBull 301

Shoot hotter loads it will print higher.

3. MainStreetIowa

MainStreetIowa

Not meaning to insult you here, but have the best shooter you can find try out your gun and see how his groups print out. If they're on-target then it's not the bow, it's the indian. ;)

3" one way or another is a LOT at such a short range as 7 yds. If it has stock sights, I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest that it's not the equipment.

ETA: what benefit would there be in adding night sights unless they are fully adjustable? If it's YOU you want to learn what you're doing wrong and fix it; not simply put a Band-Aid on it to make the problem "disappear."

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  4. 10mm Sonny

10mm Sonny

Quit aiming for the crotch Butters.

5. Never Nervous

Never Nervous

Could it be that you are anticipating the recoil and maybe dipping the barrel down prior to firing? Just a guess.

6. cbsaf

cbsaf

My G21 shoots 3 inches high at 25 yards. I usually can keep my groups very tight if using support. It makes a ragged hole but all the rounds are high. I think that's just the way it is with some guns. I am not sure if it is compensation for the .45 round that will probably drop more at 50 yards or what the reasoning is.

I have thought about getting a regular G17 6.5mm height rear sight. You may need to change your stock 6.9mm sight to a taller height if you are sure you are your part and shooting distance will not vary much.

7. Mr_C

Mr_C NRA, GOA member

This may not be your problem. But when I first got my glock it shot great. About my third time shooting it, it started shooting consistantly low. I was looking at everything, checking ammo, my sights, etc. Turns out I had just developed a very consistant flinch. It was my first handgun >22cal, and it was all me. A little more practice (and a lot of dry firing) and I stopped flinching (or at least stopped doing it consistantly.

I highly recommend the "let a friend who is a good shot try it" approach. I did that with a rifle of mine. I wasn't having very good luck with distance shots on this high powered rifle, but wasn't sure if the problem was it or me. I handed it to my friend who is a very good shot and he made it very obvious that the issue was me.

Fortunately, with practice, I am improving. :)

8. den308

den308 NOT A COOK

Stop feeding it .40 S&W:):supergrin::pepper::dancingbanana:

9. leadslinger13

leadslinger13

glocks don't shoot 6 O'Clock hold this means you have to trust the sights put them where you want the bullet to land. If this is not the issue then the flinch or grip (milking the support hand fingers) could be your issue.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  10. voyager4520

voyager4520

^This. Good loads for the 10mm will be between .357mag and .41mag in terms of power. Some loads though, especially some target stuff, will be loaded as light as .40SW. If the low shooting isn't your technique, it's likely how hot the load is. The lighter the load, the lower it'll shoot. Look up the muzzle velocity for the loads you're using and compare them to some others. Stated muzzle velocity and actual muzzle velocity can be very different, but at least it'll give you an idea of how hot it's supposed to be.