Glock Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully, this is posted to the right area. Anyway, I'm looking for any ideas related to using a Lone Wolf Distribution (LWD) .40 S&W conversion barrel in a Glock 20 SF. The Glock 20 SF is stock and works flawlessly when I use 10mm. But when I tried the conversion barrel using the stock G20 SF magazines I continue to get jam ups. Where the pistol is trying to load the .40 S&W cartridge into the chamber but it continues to jam. Occasionally I might get lucky and it'll fire a round-off but then immediately afterward it will jam when feeding in the next cartridge. Does anyone have any advice other than buying a G22 :deadhorse:. I'm sort of surprised since it seems like so many use the LWD .40 S&W conversion barrel in a G20 SF without issues. Is it more than likely a magazine issue. I've tried different ball ammo with no luck. Much appreciated and all the best.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
I have the same set up, running a Lone Wolf .40 conversion barrel in the Glock 20 SF and it has been perfect from day 1. I have read that occasionally a Lone Wolf barrel may be out of spec or that the feed ramp may need polishing, etc.

Personally, I wouldn't screw with it another moment. Call Lone Wolf and explain the problem so that they can fix your barrel or send you a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the same set up, running a Lone Wolf .40 conversion barrel in the Glock 20 SF and it has been perfect from day 1. I have read that occasionally a Lone Wolf barrel may be out of spec or that the feed ramp may need polishing, etc.

Personally, I wouldn't screw with it another moment. Call Lone Wolf and explain the problem so that they can fix your barrel or send you a new one.

Thanks, I'll give them a call.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
How is the 'jam' occurring? Hanging at the feed ramp, or, feeds 98% of the way, but fails to fully lock up into battery, or.....what, exactly?

(The Lone WOlf conversion barrels are a bit more sensitive to cartridge OAL and full profile/full caliber lead shoulder above the case mouth, so I did have to shorten my OAL on my reloads to avoid having to ram them into battery, which, over the course of 200 rounds, would fould the chamber edge with lead/moly shavings, etc... Once OAL adjusted a few thousandths, never an issue again....)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How is the 'jam' occurring? Hanging at the feed ramp, or, feeds 98% of the way, but fails to fully lock up into battery, or.....what, exactly?

(The Lone WOlf conversion barrels are a bit more sensitive to cartridge OAL and full profile/full caliber lead shoulder above the case mouth, so I did have to shorten my OAL on my reloads to avoid having to ram them into battery, which, over the course of 200 rounds, would fould the chamber edge with lead/moly shavings, etc... Once OAL adjusted a few thousandths, never an issue again....)
I finally got an RMA from Lone Wolf so I can exchange it. It will jam on the feed ramp. Occasionally after 15 tries it may correctly load and fire. The coating that they use on the barrel is also on the feed ramp. So the ramp feels really rough. The few rounds that successfully chambered scraped off some of this coating and you can really feel the difference. I was going to attempt to polish the feed ramp but as rlewpolar wisely suggested to just send it back which I’m in the process of doing. I can successfully load and fire the .40 S&W in the 10mm stock barrel but I rather not. All the best.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.