GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read through a number of threads and am getting a little confused. I have small to medium hands so the G20SF sounded like it might fit better. Then I read that the frame on the G20 Gen 4 was the same size as the G20SF.

Is that true? Does anyone have measurements for both of these?

Is the dual recoil spring design in Gen 4 any advantage?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any idea whether a G20 Gen4 is difficult to get in FDE? None of the gun shops in my immediate area have a G20 Gen 4 much less one in FDE.

·
Banned
2,157 Posts
It is very difficult. I have one on order but ordered a black one in advance. When I get the FDE, I may sell the black one.

·
Registered
176 Posts
The Gen4 without any of the attachable backstraps is basically an SF. The Gen4 spring should be able to handle just about any 10mm rounds you throw t it.

·
JABRONI AUTIST
7,420 Posts
I had both and preferred the Gen4 model myself, grip size is identical just the texturing is different (better I say) on the Gen4. I don't really need one but if I found a Gen4 in FDE I'd probably buy it, but I don't think there were too many of the FDE 20's produced compared to the 9mm, .40 and .45 models.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I have small hands and have owned a 20 sf and just bought a gen 4 20. Was trying the grip on both before I purchased. The Gen 4 felt better and just a tad smaller. I think the hump was smaller and liked the RTF grip. Bought the gen4 for 40.00 more but got an an Extra mag . Shoots better with the new rosa.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Any idea whether a G20 Gen4 is difficult to get in FDE? None of the gun shops in my immediate area have a G20 Gen 4 much less one in FDE.
I was lucky enough to stumble upon a full fde gen4 20.

The only other place i've seen fde 20s (frame only) has been Cabelas.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts