G20 10mm to .40 who has done it?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by loudshirt, Mar 15, 2010.

Tags:
  1. loudshirt

loudshirt

I am really curious as to who has purchased and used a conversion barrel for the G20. I like the gun but ammo is a bit expensive. I have a couple of questions for those of you who have a conversion barrel.

1. What brand?

2. Does performance suffer?

3. Same mags or do you need to get new ones?

And anything else you would like to add.

Thanks

2. orangejeep06

orangejeep06

Hi, i have a G20 with a KKM .40 bbl,a Lone Wolf .357 sig bbl, and a Lone Wolf stock length 10mm bbl. I shoot cast bullets in my G20 and reload all my ammo.All barrels are very accurate,drop right in and use the G20 magazines without issue.I would have bought a Lone Wolf .40 bbl but that bbl has been on backorder for a very long time so i called KKM which is slightly more expensive but is a very nice bbl.I also purchased a Lone Wolf steel gude rod w/a ISMI 22 lb. spring for heavy 10mm loads such as Buffalo Bore ammo for hunting. Hope this helps.

3. HAMMERHEAD

HAMMERHEAD

Welcome to Glock Talk.

I had a KKM .40 conversion barrel for my G-20. Very nice barrel, top quality. Very smooth bore. Used G-20 mags (nothing else fits anyway).

I used the standard recoil spring and even a 20 pound spring on a tungsten guide rod (I liked that setup).

Performance was excellent, both calibers worked 100% with 10 round mags, but both calibers had a few F-T-Feed with the then new full capacity mags (2004), so the conversion barrel was not to blame.

The .40 conversion groups would hit about 1-1/2" to the right of where the stock barrel would hit at 25 yards. I had groups as small as 2-1/4" with .40 caliber 180 grain Blazer ammo.

Definitely worth the money if you are not a handloader.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  4. Brian Lee

Brian Lee Drop those nuts

I have a G20 and bought a Bar-Sto .40 barrel for it. The Bar-Sto is a decent barrel, but in hind sight, if I was doing it over again I'd spend less (by about 40 bucks) for a KKM and probably get a better barrel, but at least I can say that my Bar-Sto has MUCH nicer looking rifling than my Lone Wolf barrel (9x25 Dillon) does, and by a mile too. My only real complaint with the Bar-Sto (I bought a threaded one) was that the threads were not de-burred at all, and certain other spots on the outside needed de-burring and looked pretty rough, so I was not very impressed with that, but the bore looks pretty darn good - as broach cut rifling goes.

I use the original mags when shooting .40 and they work perfectly. My G20 has never jammed ONCE when shooting .40 through the Bar-Sto, but jams a lot when shooting 10MM through the original Glock barrel, but I think this has more to do with the 10MM ammo I was buying than anything else.

Also: When I shoot .40, my point of impact moves down about 2 inches at 7 yards, but that's probably because the gun doesn't flip nearly as much during recoil. I use the original 17lb spring when I'm shooting .40 too.

5. telecster

telecster

I have a Lone Wolf conversion to 40 cal. Same mags and no FTF so far. There is a great Youtube on Conversion barrels. As long as you stay with 40, 357 sig or 9X25 Dillion you can use the same mags. Almost all my range ammo is reloaded..

6. loudshirt

loudshirt

Thanks for all the responses. I am really looking to get one so I can shoot IDPA with a huge gun shooting .40 :)

Please keep up the responses looking for all the info I can get.

7. HAMMERHEAD

HAMMERHEAD

Conversion barrels may not be legal for IDPA, they didn't used to be.