Glock Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
559 Posts
You have to assume that the powder needs 9" to burn completely. It's not entirely linear in the way that you're thinking. At some point the charge is expended and no longer accelerating the projectile. Of course different burn rates and projectile weights need to be considered.

· G20
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You have to assume that the powder needs 9" to burn completely. It's not entirely linear in the way that you're thinking. At some point the charge is expended and no longer accelerating the projectile. Of course different burn rates and projectile weights need to be considered.
True... a six inch may give similar results

· Registered
131,387 Posts
Based on what I have read, using a lone wolf 10mm 9 inch barrel will increase velocity by 10%-15% over the stock barrel. Taking the Underwood 155gr 10mm that travels at 1530 for 806ftlbs, adding 12% velocity that would put the round at 1009 ftlbs.

Is this interesting to anyone and why?
Does anyone have any experience with this barrel?
Does the energy increase make sense?

Regarding application, I am simply looking to gain more energy without stepping up to another caliber for all the same reasons 10mm is used for

Thanks
Sounds cool

While General Glocking is fine, might I suggest you post this in the 10 ring? Those guys eat, sleep, and breath the 10mm. I'm sure somebody there has tried the setup you speak of. These guys really seem to have a great deal of knowledge about the caliber and accessories that go with it. I'm sure you'll find it helpful.

· G20
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds cool

While General Glocking is fine, might I suggest you post this in the 10 ring? Those guys eat, sleep, and breath the 10mm. I'm sure somebody there has tried the setup you speak of. These guys really seem to have a great deal of knowledge about the caliber and accessories that go with it. I'm sure you'll find it helpful.
Thanks.....

· Registered
13 Posts
Sounds cool

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.