Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
very easy mod if done slowly. Removed just enough material to make it compatible with Gen5 baseplates. After removing the material I used 800-1000 sandpaper to smooth the cut. There are some tool marks but they are insignificant and not visible from the outside. Also wanted structural integrity so I just removed enough for the magazines to reliably fit. It works great and looks good too in my opinion. I wouldn’t be surprised if Glock does this in the future as a frame modification like the beveled frame. Now no worries. All 17 round mags work reguardless of Generation. Mag compatibility has always been a huge selling point for Glock. It just makes sense especially for a pistol marketed to civilians.

Used a dremel wheel like this. And used a magazine for test fit. Went very carefully and slowly.

·
"Tactical Elf"
2,989 Posts
6-12 months and I bet the frames/pistols come in black and the magwell is made to work with all mags.

Less than that.....:noevil:

Nice work on the 19X also.

What I am surprised about is that since glock didn't flare the magwell on the MHS submission, why they didn't do cutouts on the side of the grip. With the MHS and 19X design as it, front overhang, and lanyard loop, with the flush fit magazine, there is no way to easily pry it out, in the event it was stuck.

I'm just spit balling, but they probably should have addressed that issue. Not saying it hindered anything in the trials, but it definitely would have at least equaled most others designs.

Anyway I'm crawling back in my hole....:)

TXPO

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You know here is the thing. If you are capable of doing a good mod that’s functional. Go for it. If not and you will mess it up change the baseplates. You have to make that decision for yourself. It’s your hard earned money. I personally see value added in my mod. I think it looks professionally done. Plus you can’t see that it’s different without looking closely into the magazine well. It’s still very structurally strong. In fact that plastic projection is thicker still than the sides of the magazine well. Simpler is defined in the mind of the owner.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Less than that.....:noevil:

Nice work on the 19X also.

What I am surprised about is that since glock didn't flare the magwell on the MHS submission, why they didn't do cutouts on the side of the grip. With the MHS and 19X design as it, front overhang, and lanyard loop, with the flush fit magazine, there is no way to easily pry it out, in the event it was stuck.

I'm just spit balling, but they probably should have addressed that issue. Not saying it hindered anything in the trials, but it definitely would have at least equaled most others designs.

Anyway I'm crawling back in my hole....:)

TXPO
My guess is they always planned on MHS guns using +2’s which can be stripped without the cutouts.

Hopefully if they do a black civilian version, it’ll have them.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It was designed for standardized magazines because that’s how the military does things. The dumb lanyard loop is for dummy (they call it dummy cording after the dumbass who loses his night vision or pistol on a operation) tying the pistol to your body. That’s a rule in the Military for sensitive items and weapons. Glock is trying to sell to the people who wanted the MHS minus the thumb safety. It will get adopted by LE if they make some simple changes, I have no doubt about that. If the LAPD or NYPD wanted it they would make it just like any other Glock. Black and functional with all magazines. It’s about the money. Glock is recouping development costs from the MHS. No doubt they want to sell to a major LE department. They would make millions of dollars.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts