G19X + G19 Micro RONI Stab = Not mine

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Rajeev, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Rajeev

Rajeev

FYI and if you didn't already know:

I tried my G19X in my Micro RONI with stabilizer brace. The problem I had, which I didn't with any other of G19s, is that when the slide locks back, the slide release on the RONI does not affect the G19X's slide release.

One problem with this is, if the slide is locked back, one may not be able to remove the pistol from the RONI chassis.

The other problem, that if your slide is stuck back, the weapon is a paperweight at that point.

My advice, based on my very-limited experience with mixing these two systems, is that I would not advise.

If I am known to be incorrect, please clarify what the issue with mine could be. It took me 5 minutes and luck to activate the slide release once the slide got stuck back.

The G19X slide catch is, of course, different than that of the Gen 3 G19.

2. TNRonin

TNRonin Happy g21/g19 /g43 owner! Millennium Member

CAA has stated that the gen 5s will not work with the current gen micro roni. Some people have modded their micro roni to function. The newest macaroni will work. As far as I know. The only thing I think you could do would be to dremel the right side slide lock off. (Buy an extra)

Sent from my POS SM-T530NU using Tapatalk. please excuse my typos, spell check sucks!

Rajeev likes this.

3. Rajeev

Rajeev

Your information has been helpful. Thank you.

I'll just leave my Vickers G19 with the μRONIstab since its trigger is horrid.

4. wanderson

wanderson

Check AR15.com handgun forum, this issue with the gen 5s in Ronis has been covered and someone posted how they modded theirs to work.
    Someone also mentioned a gen 4 slide release would work, I don’t have a gen 5 so I can’t say for sure.
    I run a gen 4 G32 in a Roni and it’s one of my favorite setups, at 25 yards it puts most of my pistol caliber carbines to shame, including my TNW 10mm carbine. If they ever come out with one that fits my G40 I’d get another.

Rajeev likes this.
  5. Rajeev

Rajeev

That sounds perfect - the 357 SIG in the Micro RONI.

I haven't used the RONI setup yet. But I think they are the bees knees.

Bought an Alpha Wolf .357 SIG barrel for my G23. I was thinking that's best - to have the option of more "power" than 9mm Luger at 25 yds.