Glock Talk banner

G19x first range trip problems

1297 16
Okay, so I recently picked up a 19x and was really happy with the purchase. Took it to the range today and my first shot at 25 yards with Remington 115 grain range ammo, literally hit the dirt 3 yards short and about a foot to the left of the steel target. Now, I’m not the greatest shot, but in no way was I throwing my shot this bad. Then from 7 yards, the rounds where hitting all over the place. Now some might think that these were shooter induced, bad trigger presses, etc etc. I can assure you they were not. I literally compared with my Walther PPQ from exact same distances and with the same deliberate sloooow trigger presses. The Walther was dead on, no issues. I put around 200-250 rounds through the G19x with wildly varying accuracy. Recoil also felt strange when performing longer strings of fire. I’m very confused and at a lose for when was occurring. I check my spent casings and did notice that the strikes on the primers didn’t leave nice uniform dimples, but were deformed like the striker hit and then “slide” through the primers. I have never seen this kind of marking with my Walther or any other Handgun who’s brass I’ve inspected. Sorry this is such a long post, but I am really confused by this. Any help would be much appreciated!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
3,357 Posts
The sights are combat hold, first and foremost. You cover the bullseye with the front site.

Outside of that, I can’t answer for you.

The rear sight might be off, is another guess. Check your sight picture with a laser cartridge bore sighting tool. See if the rear sights are off kilter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Laser bore sight is on my troubleshooting list. I wasn’t able, nor did I have a bench mount, however, I did brace and stabilize my shots to extreme degree while pressing the trigger as slow as humanly possible and still was having wildly divergent groups. Not just low and left. Again, I used my PPQ as a control, and had great groupings with same ammo and distances.
I’m not “slapping” the trigger either. I am very well versed in proper trigger mechanics. I wouldn’t be posting here if I thought it was shooter induced, and trust me, I agree most problems are shooter induced. I’m just seeing if anyone else had anything similar happen and if so, how they went about solving

· Registered
1,586 Posts
Glock customer service is great. You might want to call them tomorrow and explain the issue. They might ask you to send the gun to them and they will inspect it for anything out of spec then test fire it themselves. If they report the gun is in good working order and the test fire shows no accuracy issues then you just need more range time with it. If there is a problem with the gun, they will make it right for you.

· Gunslinger
2,115 Posts
If I had a dollar for every time someone on a range was mad because their newly purchased pistol was “inaccurate”....

Yes, lemons do slip out the door of every manufacturer from time to time. Statistically speaking though, it is far more likely that the problems are shooter induced. Many, many times I have had a person allow me to shoot their “lemon” of a pistol, only to put rounds in a nice tight little group on paper before handing it back to them.

Before doing anything else, find a range buddy who shoots Glock pistols regularly, and ask them to put a magazine or two through it. I’d be willing to bet that if you do, the pistol will group fine.

On the off chance that it happens to be a problem with the gun, Glock will take care of you. Still... I’m betting that it isn’t the Glock.

· finishes it...
4,785 Posts
as previously mentioned, next outing ask a r.o. or another experienced shooter to run a handful of rounds through it. gun isn't issue until you've eliminated yourself from equation; especially a new gun.

Reactions: IAhunter

· Venor ergo sum
"94% of mass shootings occur in gun free zones" CPRC
6,398 Posts
as previously mentioned, next outing ask a r.o. or another experienced shooter to run a handful of rounds through it. gun isn't issue until you've eliminated yourself from equation; especially a new gun.
This. Before you waste time and money. I’ve seen it time and time again at our range. New pistol and the user who was used to a different type or brand has trouble shooting the new one.

· Registered
4,489 Posts
also the odd primer indents are normal for a glock because of the firing pin shape
definitely bench rest and or get an experienced glock shooter test it ( some people used to for example a tuned 1911 cannot shoot a glock well at all- it has to be someone used to shooting a glock.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.