Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone - I'm new to the forum and relatively new to Glock. In the past year I've purchased a G19 Gen 4, G43, G34 Gen 4 MOS and G19C Gen 3 with the slide milled for an RMR (I went with the Trijicon RMR07). When I first took the G19C to the range (after cleaning the copper gunk off, lubing and cycling the slide 500 times or so) I stovepiped nearly every round. **Disclaimer** I was running an aftermarket SS S3F Solutions ported barrel and SS 18lb RSA. Well, I was immediately concerned and promptly put the factory RSA in the gun with the same result.....stovepipe city.

That evening, I completely stripped it and when dismantling the slide, the EDP wouldn't come loose. I was scratching my head at this point. So doing what any self proclaimed gunsmith does in this situations I heated the dickens out of it with a heat gun.....and it slide right out...with a gob of blue junk all over it. Unbeknownst to me, when my slide was milled the RMR screw holes extend down into the EDP channel. When I was affixing my RMR, I apparently went aggressive mode with Loc-Tite causing it to flow into the channel and solidify, naturally limiting its functionality.

I went back to the range thinking I had fixed the problem and, well no I hadn't. At that point the only other thing I hadn't tried was a lighter recoil spring. I ordered a 15lb and 13lb from Glockmeister. The 15lb recoil spring solved all problems. 400 rounds with no issues.

So here are my questions for the experts:

1. Does anyone know if G19Cs come factory with the 18lb RSA or are they lighter due to the compensation?
2. Is it normal when getting a slide milled for an RMR for the screw holes to extend into the EDP channel? (I'm not sure what this area is called so I made up my own name
3. Does anyone think the added weight of the RMR caused the slide not to cycle with the factory RSA?

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome, Mackie. Someone smarter than me will address your questions. But your post reminds me why I leave my Glocks 100% stock. :)
Haha I know but then it's no fun for me and less time in my gun garage away from my mean wife.:dancing:

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Yes normal for it to need the lighter recoil spring you added weight to that slide and slows it down with the stock RSA, As for the screw holes going all the way to the Edp? Not sure what that is but into the extractor plunger area I'm pretty sure it should not go tha deep? Who did the milling of your slide.?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply. Glockmeister did the milling and what I meant by EDP was the channel or tube where the extractor depressor plunger resides.

·
NRA Member
1,537 Posts
I have a 17C and have to use a 13 pound or a 15 pound depending on the ammo. I ALWAYS had feeding issues with the stock RSA
When I would replace the barrel with a non ported I could use the factory rsa

1 - 6 of 6 Posts