G19 went full auto! help?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by durabo, Apr 9, 2010.

1. durabo

durabo

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  2. js0ne

js0ne

show us detailed pics of your $0.25 polish job, i'm sure we'll find something........

3. durabo

durabo

will do, but itll probably take a day or so, alot of running around to do today and i still have to clean it up from the range...

stay tuned for pics.

4. ipscshooter

ipscshooter Mostly IDPA now

If you want a 3.5# connector, get a Glock (-).

I don't trust aftermarket connectors. I have had similar issues with a few before. I use only Glock now.

5. muzzledown42

muzzledown42

Ditto. I haven't found any 3.5 lb connectors as good as Glock's and most of them are worse. They are hard to find but I purchased a couple about 2 months ago from someone selling them on Gunbroker. My most recent disappointment was from Glockworx. I tried their light connector and the trigger was so gritty I threw the connector in the garbage. Later, I found out someone I shoot with did exactly the same thing.

6. durabo

durabo

since it seemed like the problem was fixed after i changed back to a stock connector, i was thinking something like this..

my only question was would it be the trigger job combined with the 3.5 connector that is the problem...?

might have to get a stock trigger assembly and a glock oem connector and mix and match and see what combinations work.

would putting heavier springs on maybe conteract this?

aaaaaaaah! so many possiblities , so many questions.

i love my glock, but i definitely noticed a huge improvement in accuracy after the modifications.

would love to keep them but not at the expense of safety!

am i going to have to pay hundreds of dollars for a custom trigger set up in order to get what i want in qaulity and safety?

push comes to shove ill go back to stock but id rather have my cake and eat it too... all while being safe!

7. tadbart

tadbart duuuuude.

a compact G-18.

i'm not really seein' the problem here...:whistling:

8. ipscshooter

ipscshooter Mostly IDPA now

Maybe. If you assume the angle on the connector for the LW is correct.

It's possible that what you are seeing is the way you are shooting the gun it seems it's doubling, but it's due to the gun recoiling and the friction of the connector being too light. Kind of like bump firing an AK. By putting in the old connector the friction is increased.

It's possible if you put the LW back in and make a concious effort to keep the trigger back when you fire it won't double.

9. Beware Owner

Beware Owner NOT a victim.

My Ghost Rocket never gave me a problem.

10. G21forME

G21forME NRA MEMBER

Ghost rockets blow, if you want a nice trigger get a glokworx

11. CynicX

CynicX

First off. Be very careful. MOST range employees will understand an accident but a gentlemen that lives not to far from me got into major trouble when something similar happened to his 'rifle' (AR-15 would be my guess) and the range employee called the police. We all know the penalty of of illegally owning a full auto..I dont know the full story whether he was flaunting this defect or if it was a 'wtf just happened' moment....

My advice would be to try it but hold the trigger back like you are target shooting. If it doesnt do it then slowly release until the trigger reset but no further and shoot and hold again.

Then you can try putting the old connector back in just to see what happens.

Its weird that it didnt do it immediately.

How does the trigger feel anyway? Is it nice and crisp?

12. durabo

durabo

no no.. defintely not.

these are legitimate double fires. im not a comp shooter but i am very careful and aware of what im doing, although because of how it startled me and how i was careful not to depress the trigger to long .... the point you raise about the bump firing is a thought... but i did this 4 times in a row after 2000 + rounds with no problems with this gun.

if it is a bump firing/trigger twitch sort of thing i would expect it to be a little harder to repeat like that out of nowhere.

you mention the angle of the connector though, i compared the angle of the lonewolf versus the stock connector and i swear it seemed to me like the lonewolf was slightly more of an obtuse angle than the stock, although i asked the guy at the range and my friend to compare and they both thought they were the same...

but i swear i noticed a difference, i will see if i can do a comparision shot when i take my photos. good call!

13. durabo

durabo

the modified trigger set up with the 3.5 is perfect. the break is crisp, it is not too heavy not too light, less take up than the stock connector.

after i put back in the stock connector and fired the test shots i was thinking in my head, "ugh this is no where near as nice as before!"

14. durabo

durabo

one of the reasons i went the .25 trigger job and 3.5 connector route was because of horrible customer service experience with glokworx!

(no desire to drag their name through the mud though, i wish i could afford a fulcrum trigger set up)

15. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

Glock makes an incredibly reliable, durable weapon. It shoots every time you pull the trigger and under any conditions. So what do you guys do? Add all sorts of aftermarket crap and amateur modifications then whine when your toy doesn't work like it did from the factory.:rofl:

16. GOA Guy

GOA Guy

I like this answer best so far.:whistling:

17. G21forME

G21forME NRA MEMBER

If this forum had a :jerkoff: emoticon I'd use it

OP did a .25 and added a lonewolf 3.5, a well trusted company and you post this crap?

:upeyes:

18. operator81

operator81

I'm with him.

19. jing1117

jing1117

This happened to me when I used a 3.5# LW connector, I measured things up in my digital caliper and found a difference in the angle compared to the stock.

Right now I use the 3.5# Glock EOM connector and .25c trigger job that I did - completely happy with it - never looked back - more than 8000 rounds since I have changed it and never experienced any malfunction.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  20. badr1

badr1

my 23 with the .25 trigger& 3.5# LW connector doesn't go "fun mode" wanna trade?