Glock 17 G19 vs. G17 grip

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by SurefireG21, May 13, 2007.

Tags:
  1. SurefireG21

SurefireG21

It's hard to put in words, but to me the Glock 17 and Glock 19 have slightly different shapes to the grip. This is subjective, and I have no proof to back it up.

The palm swell tends to feel better in my hands better on the G19 (while the G17 feels slightly awkward).

I plan to make the G19 my next purchase (I currently have a G21).

I was curious if anyone knew the exact differences in the grip shapes, other than just subjective feel.

2. kengps

kengps

The hump on the backstrap sits higher up on the G19. Glock shortens the grips near the top. By the time you shorten to the G26 size, nothing is left but the hump.

3. LarryNC

LarryNC Millennium Member

I prefer the grip of the 19 as well. For one thing, I like the frontstrap design/shape better than that of the 17.

4. deputy tom

deputy tom Gringo Viejo

Thought I'd ressurect this old thread.I've owned many of the compact (19) sized Glocks so for something different I got a used 17.The grip feels better to me and my finger doesn't hit the bottom of the trigger guard like it did on the compacts.I think I'll enjoy more range time with the full size models.YMMV.tom.:)

5. Ian

Ian Millennium Member

I also prefer the grip of the 19. My hand just feels like it is stuck with glue. Never took the trouble to figure out why.
    For sure, someone with larger hands will not prefer it, but I think it has something to do with finger length too.

6. deputy tom

deputy tom Gringo Viejo

To verify my thoughts I went to the range with my newly purchased model 17 and shot my best groups of any previously owned Glocks.I liked the feel of the 19's grip frame but the longer 17 grip worked out for me.YMMV.tom.:supergrin:

7. 1 Wild Pig

1 Wild Pig 1 WILD PIG

It's an individual thing...the full size and subcompacts fit my hands better than the compacts...all in the location of the hump and your personal hand size...

8. LRB2GZ

LRB2GZ

17 feels more comfortable to me.

9. AWMP

AWMP

The glock 17 has always felt better to me. Just feels better in my hand, my Glock 19 has always felt short in my hand.

10. cole

cole Millennium Member

Yep, that's the answer. The palm swell pretty much just moves up in the grip as it's shortened. The gun with more grip will give you, well, more grip to grip.

11. Mr Meeseeks

Mr Meeseeks

If I can find an extra G45 frame I’d love to chop it down. This would leave the much preferable backstrap profile in a more concealable package.

I know, I know... what I’m asking for is a G19. But it’s just not the same.

12. ctxcummins

ctxcummins

Congratulations on bumping a 12 year old thread for that awe-inspiring comment.

13. 1canvas

1canvas

I agree.