GlockTalk Forum banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I live in Texas. Summers where I live there are days when 95 degrees would be considered a cold front.
Blue jeans, button up shirts, and IWB G20 all year long.
I don't even own a pair or shorts and if I did, I would draw attention to myself with my ghost white legs!

Two items of clothing that I have never liked.
Shorts, and sandels.
Im just the opposite. If I'm off work I'm in shorts. I own two pairs of jeans and I can count on one hand hiw many times I've wirn them in the last year.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I can somewhat comfortably carry my 19 with a Tulster AIWB holster wearing a T-shirt tucked in and a 2nd T-shirt concealing the gun outside the belt. Very concealable and OK in hot weather. You can also substitute the outer T-shirt with a button down the front light weight short sleeve shirt. Bonobos make comfortable, light weight shirts that I wear a lot when carrying. The key, as someone alluded to above, is a good belt to support the holster.

·
Banned
547 Posts

·
back again
2,269 Posts
To the OP, the Glock 19 is a great pistol and a good year-round carry option.

I carry a CZ P-01, which is very similar in size to a G19 but is heavier. I carry appendix using a Tier1 Holster year-round. It gets to triple digits in northern Utah but usually stays in the 90s. I wear Van Heusen buttondown shirts untucked. I can wear their "Regular Fit" in a Medium and still conceal just fine (ordering foam inserts today, actually, to further improve concealability), but I also have some Regular Fit in Large, which are more comfortable in the heat due to better breathability. Many of my shirts are short-sleeved, but not all, and I just roll up the sleeves. Actually pretty comfortable unless spending a long time outdoors when it's above 95. Cargo shorts or other slightly more fashionable shorts are the summertime norm for me.

Important to note:
I'm in my mid-40s with a shaved head and glasses, so I do have the "dad" look going strong. I'd like to consider my self the "grey man" type who won't be "made" by any criminals.

·
back again
2,269 Posts
Guys, the OP hasn’t been seen in 7 years, 5 months. This thread is 9 years old, nobody has to carry a compact in the summer anymore, I know I don’t, there are more options today.
I didn't see that; but still, like kilts and cargo shorts, some things never go out of style.

·
Registered
7,123 Posts
Just see my avatar.
I carry G19.5 with 31-rd mag in Vertx EDC Transit Sling 2.0 https://vertx.com/transit-sling-bag-2-0
I can carry it when I am in shorts and topless. Nobody even think that I carry a gun in that "laptop" bag.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEXbRnZ6Yao
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYlpToAqlAE
I like your choice of sling bag. Currently I carry a Maxpedition Luanda Gearslinger that also works very well. Appreciate the videos and I like the idea of the body armor in the bag. I’ve seen that idea before and it’s a sound option.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
I carried my Glock 19 down to Los Angeles in February and it was in the low 80’s most of the time. I had it OWB with a tshirt over it and an untucked bottom up shirt over that wasn’t buttoned up. Nobody said anything about it, so I’m sure it was fully concealed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I posted in this thread back in May of 2011, the Glock 19 is now replaced by a Shadow Systems MR918, still carried daily in the same holsters as back then.

For a couple of years (2016 & 2017) I experimented with small single stack 9mms but I returned back to the 19 in 2018. I do have a Glock 26 with a grip reduction, but the MR918 is the gun that is on my hip daily.

Reactions: pntblnk

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
This is why you should have different carry guns. When you're in T-shirt and shorts it's option 1, and when you're in heavier clothing, option 2, or 3 even. One size doesn't fit all applications unfortunately.

Reactions: pntblnk

·
The wind serenades a purified man.
4,121 Posts
When my carry piece absolutely, positively can't be discovered I use the Deep Conceal Harness Shoulder. Don't expect to be able to quick draw, but it's extremely comfortable and with this holster you are able to carry with minimal effort and changes to your clothing. Costs only about $50.00. Here's the link.
http://www.deepconceal.com/shoulder-holsters/

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hey guys- I have a G19 that is my primary carry weapon. I live in a very hot and humid climate and spend many months out of the year in shorts and tee shirts... imagine your standard beach community fare. I hear people say that you need to dress around your gun, but when it is 95° there is only so much clothing and layers you can put on before you are just miserable (then you draw attention to yourself because you look so out of place!). Not a big fan of oversized clothing- jerseys, hawaiian shirts, etc. I have been having a heck of a time concealing the G19 with just a tee shirt. Has anyone had any success with this?
Button ups like columbia or eddie bauer with a undershirt that breathes well. Then an IWB hybrid like aliengear or well canted full kydex like vedder if strongside/hip carry is your thing. I carried a cz pcr in southern california that way.

·
Venor ergo sum
Gun control is about CONTROL.
3,570 Posts
I buy Carhardt t-shirts in XL tall size. I wear an XL and the tall sure helps to conceal.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts