GlockTalk Forum banner

61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
So, it's pretty effing hot now, eighth day of 95+. I usually carry my G19 in a Fricke IWB appendix, but when it's this hot, the Fricke Zack done Mexican SOB. The last two days I spent a lot of time outside, so it was my S&W42 in a pocket holster.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm probably the only one out here doing this, and I know this thread concerns a G19, but I carry my G17 at a 3 o'clock position with my Galco Summer Comfort holster--I rarely tuck my shirts in anyway, so I normally have polo shirts, button down short-sleeve shirts, or t-shirts untucked. Sometimes with a t-shirt I have a minimal amount of printing--but at the 3 o'clock position, any printing simply looks like a cell phone on my belt...and I love cargo shorts--carry a spare mag in one of my pockets sometimes...

·
Banned
167 Posts
A crossbreed holster is helpful, and conceals well under even a tshirt. If you prefer not to wear a belt a remora holster is very comfortable and secure with just a drawstring. For $25 it's worth checking out.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Theis IWB (very similar to CBST) with t-shirt tucked in and either Polo shirt of button up shirt, and cargo shorts.

·
Registered
199 Posts
It was 100 yesterday and the day before. I tried my G19 in a IWB kydex, no problem hiding under a button down oversize shirt, with a wifebeater underneath.

The problem was that after 2 hours of garage sales , my shorts, both of them were soaked with sweat.

The Glock grip was wet but the rest of the frame was dry.

I changed out and put the LCP holstered in my front pocket and will not look back until it cools down to say mid 80's.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Cargo shorts, t-shirt, and a Comp-Tac MTAC holster. Can carry a G19 easily. The MTAC is an excellent IWB holster.

·
Registered
31,130 Posts
The 26 is my go-to gun when I really don't want to worry about printing no matter what. The 19 is pretty good but there IS a difference.

·
I.C.P.
9,428 Posts
Never seen someone with a holster like that... so this may be a dumb question, but you have to untuck your shirt before you can access your weapon, correct?

I appreciate the tip... just hate having to buy clothes that are larger than what I would normally wear.
Well now that you normally carry a gun you normally wear a larger size. :whistling:

·
VIP MEMBER
3,341 Posts
I use a MTAC with no problem concealing my G19 or G23. Because a T shirt and shorts are my summer wear it is some times a little easier to carry the G27 or the LCR. But the MTAC does fine with the G19 or G23.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Hey guys- I have a G19 that is my primary carry weapon. I live in a very hot and humid climate and spend many months out of the year in shorts and tee shirts... imagine your standard beach community fare. I hear people say that you need to dress around your gun, but when it is 95° there is only so much clothing and layers you can put on before you are just miserable (then you draw attention to yourself because you look so out of place!). Not a big fan of oversized clothing- jerseys, hawaiian shirts, etc. I have been having a heck of a time concealing the G19 with just a tee shirt. Has anyone had any success with this?
Try a pocket holster. Nate Gable will make you one.

http://www.ubgholsters.com/

·
Registered
9,278 Posts
Hmmm "IF" it ever warms up here in Central Indiana I will try my Gen 2 G-23, as I usually EDC a G-27 in an E-bay bought IWB kydex, so I will put me G-23 in a E-Bay bought IWB and give it a try with my Wal-Mart collection Hawaiian shirt of the week.

·
Registered
35,148 Posts
Carrying a gun is not about being comfortable or stylish. So just embrace a slightly larger shirt untucked. You are in shorts, so not exactly the height of fashion. I routinely carry in shorts in summer, & an untucked polo or loose T. A good belt, & IWB holster, my G26 is not visible. I can get away with untucked polo & my G19 but the T doesn't quite make it disappear.

·
Registered
35,148 Posts
Hmmm "IF" it ever warms up here in Central Indiana I will try my Gen 2 G-23, as I usually EDC a G-27 in an E-bay bought IWB kydex, so I will put me G-23 in a E-Bay bought IWB and give it a try with my Wal-Mart collection Hawaiian shirt of the week.
I think the issue for many is not wanting to carry IWB in summer. Yet IWB is the easiest to conceal anything with the least amount of clothing on.

·
Registered
14,495 Posts
You can’t have it all. For years I down loaded my carry in the sinner because of the brutal summer heat in my area. I carried a five shot snubbie in a pocket.

I made the decision to carry more a couple of years ago and got an IWB holster for my G26. I carry it under a baseball jersey most days. I got a MLB (go Braves) and a local university jersey to wear. The material is breathable and loose fitting which aids in concealment but also helps it be comfortable in the heat.

If I need to wear grown up clothes I go back to the snubby.

·
Retired Fed LEO. USMC late 1960s.
419 Posts
Phalanx Defense Solutions IWB compact

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
I hear people say that you need to dress around your gun, but when it is 95° there is only so much clothing and layers you can put on before you are just miserable (then you draw attention to yourself because you look so out of place!)
I live in Texas. Summers where I live there are days when 95 degrees would be considered a cold front.
Blue jeans, button up shirts, and IWB G20 all year long.
I don't even own a pair or shorts and if I did, I would draw attention to myself with my ghost white legs!

Two items of clothing that I have never liked.
Shorts, and sandels.

Reactions: CTM_357
61 - 80 of 94 Posts