GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
My solution to carrying a G19 in summer is simple: I don't. I carry a Kahr CM 9mm (about the same size as a PM9) in a Masters OWB at 4 O'clock. I live in Southeastern Arizona and so humidity is rarely a problem so I can wear a T-shirt under an untucked short-sleeved button-front shirt. Buttoned or unbuttoned, the CM9 simply disappears. If something's going on I'll switch to the G19 with a Masters OWB made for Glocks. Again, it almost disappears as well as the Kahr, especially if the shirt is unbottoned. I don't wear shorts as tramping around in the desert amongst thornscrub and Mesquite and rattlesnakes is not an option. In late Fall and Winter and early Spring carrying a G19 is a piece of cake. Same Masters holster at 4 O'clock and a vest or a jacket or a sport coat or a fatigue jacket, doesn't matter. No one ever guesses I'm carrying. I'm an Arizona Ranger and the G19 is also my duty weapon as the minimum barrel length is 4 inches, and the G19 barrel is 4.02. I tried carrying a G17 concealed in summer but the extra barrel and grip length do create printing problems. Perhaps if I were 6'4" and weighed 240 it would work, but I'm 5'9" and weigh 150. Doesn't work.

You might consider the Kahr CM9. Take a look. Shoots to a tie with my G26. And it's a single stack. Slimness always enhances concealability.

Bottom line: The G19 - and others have said this better than I ever will - is simply the best all-around Glock. I have no idea why my semi-annual qualification scores with the G19 are equal to -and sometime better than - my scores with the G17.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I really don't get how people have so much trouble with concealing a G19. CBST and a decent gun belt. It's really that simple. All I wear during the summer is a T-shirt(regular, not oversized) and shorts. It's never been an issue.

·
Rude Member
3,063 Posts
I really don't get how people have so much trouble with concealing a G19. CBST and a decent gun belt. It's really that simple. All I wear during the summer is a T-shirt(regular, not oversized) and shorts. It's never been an issue.
Same here, I wear the same size clothing as I would wear if not carrying a gun, with the exception of shorts, I buy those one size big so i can carry IWB if I want to. I much prefer OWB but there are times when IWB carry is more suitable for the environment I'll be in that day.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Isn't that what the LC9 is? Or did I misunderstand you?
No sir. Take a look at the LC9, it is considerably larger. the reason I carry the LCP is for pocket carry. The LC9 won't do for that.

I am tossing the Kahr CM9 idea around in my head. I'm going to try it out at the gun store next time I go. Other than it, the only other micro 9's that might be pocketable are the Rohrbaugh R9 and the Diamondback DB9.

R9 is over a grand so it's out. The DB9 doesn't have a good reputation...the kahr is bigger than both of those. I'm going to see if it is pocketable...would be easier to reload all 9mm instead of 9mm and 380...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Belly Band holsters can work well for some... Iv had a tough time finding mine to be comfortable but works with almost wardrobe. And when in doubt a LCP is back up

·
Registered
84 Posts
A Glock 26 would make things easier from the get-go. Or better yet a PM9!

I struggled with the same question and finally bought a PM9, I like it. here goes another "wish Glock would make a single stack 9" . On the bright side jacket weather is near so the G36 is coming out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My kids think it looks kinda goofy, but in hot weather I carry my G19 in an Uncle Mike's GunRunner fanny pack. There's also room in it for my phone, spare mag and several "doggie bags" (my walking companion is usually our chocolate lab). Never have gotten a second look from anyone. Cooler weather - Uncle Mike's Sidekick under a Cabela's safari vest or jacket.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Galco Matrix OWB, shorts, light weight t-shirt, floppy light weight shirt - like those fishing shirts from Magellean and others.

Don't care if I'm fashionable. Or a pocket 642. I don't want to have to use two hands to get the gun.

·
GUNS=FREEDOM
2,685 Posts
The famous photo of me carrying a G19 while wearing very little. Nice ad for SmartCarry.

·
Registered
184 Posts
In shorts? POCKET CARRY.

Cargo shorts- or really any shorts- are perfect. Leave your shirt untucked, put your wallet/phone/keys/spare mag (if you must) in the offside pocket, and rock on.

A good belt will help, as will a nice thin kydex holster. I have one from Alabama Holster Co that is made for the pocket, but my normal Offside IWB (also from AHCo) works just about as well. Both are secure and break up the outline of the gun very, very well.

And definitely leave the shirt untucked.

-Charlie

·
Registered
263 Posts
I carry my G19 in a Comptac CTAC with a moisture wicking T-shirt tucked in so no direct skin abrasion and a loose button up shirt over the top.
Comfortable and effective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31,082 Posts
One thing to add is to be confident when carrying. There are VERY few people who even think of looking for a gun.
Yeah but the problem is more the people that DO look for it... they're the ones you DON'T want to notice (bad guys).

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
I have no problem concealing a G23 with just cargo shorts and a regular fitting tee-shirt. I'm carrying in an MTAC at 3:30.
How do you avoid printing when you bend or move?

41 - 60 of 94 Posts