close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G19/Sig P-220

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by turksteelman, Jan 20, 2010.

1. turksteelman

turksteelman

I am an avid Glock fan. I finally felt pretty good with my G19 groupings but then I fired my brothers P-220. I am so much better with the Sig 45cal. Can any of you experienced shooters offer any advice as to why this would be?

2. Cineski

Cineski

The 220 is an accurate platform, but so is the G19. Some people can shoot XD9's well, I can't. Accuracy is in the hands of the beholder, and we all shoot different guns better than others. That's why there's so many choices. Trigger control is less important when in single action on a 220 than it is with a stock Glock trigger. Of course you give up low bore axis and capacity.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010

3. Glock-it-to-me

Glock-it-to-me Catching liars

My favorite .45 ACP's are a tuned 1911 and a Sig P220.

4. coal

coal

The P220 is:
    1) Full size (longer sight radius)
    2) Single action capable (more forgiving of trigger control)
    3) Slighly more mechanically accurate, IMO, generally

Of the three, you, the shooter, controls the first two. And, both are more forgiving. Those can make a big, big, big difference.

The 3rd is minimal. But, it's noticable in "tightness" of group once you master the first two.

The other possible is ammo variation. This can make a real difference. Some loads are more consistent and/or the bullet fits better to your barrel.

Also, try that Sig from DA. See how well that first shot runs. Once in SA mode, the Sig really shines... like the 1911.

5. Dave T

Dave T

Most people will shoot better with a single action trigger (available on the SIG) than with a double action or Glock's "safe action". It's probably as simple as that.

Dave

6. Larry V

Larry V

The fact that the gun is all metal is a big part of the reason. My 19 is very acurate but my 229 , 220 and 226 are dead on.

7. fragout

fragout

SIG is a quality gun. Every SIG I've ever shot was very accurate. Maybe it's just the fact that it's the right pistol for you? I sold my HK usp because I wasn't as accurate shooting it as I was with my Glock17 or my SIG p226.The usp's are great for others just not me. It sounds like a good excuse to treat yourself to a nice P220!

8. turksteelman

turksteelman

I agree, I will have to pick up a P-220. I don't own a 45cal so its time to expand the collection. Thanks everyone.

9. conpro

conpro

I will take a glock anyday, reliability, but sig is good.