G19 RTF2G

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by Tdizzle28, Aug 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Tdizzle28

Tdizzle28

Who else is in the boat of looking for a Glock RTF2 with gills and coming up empty? My particular case is the hunt for a 19.

2. svtpwnz

svtpwnz

Good luck! I'm in the same boat and have been searching for over a year. I did find a nice G17 RTF2 with gills but was out bid. I'm looking for a NIB one though.

The G23c RTF2 models are going for stupid prices. One sold recently on GB for almost $900. There are a few used RTF2 Glocks out there, just gotta look and be patient.

I have a gray RTF2 frame and wanted to get a blank slide CNC machined with the gills and I can't find anyone to do that either.

3. Tdizzle28

Tdizzle28

I see those models on Armslist all the time for decent prices.

What kills me is I see a lot of people are buying them to resell, so the price keeps getting higher. I want to give one a forever home. I want it to shoot and carry, not sit in a safe.

4. Tdizzle28

Tdizzle28

I see you're in South Carolina? There's a nice looking G19 with gills for sale near Sumter on Armslist for a decent price.

svtpwnz likes this.
  5. svtpwnz

svtpwnz

I saw that and he's about an hour and fifteen minutes away from me. I emailed him and he sent pics but still haven't heard back about arranging a meeting so I can buy it.

6. BlkSheep

BlkSheep

Funny thing is I bought mine in June for $350. RTF2 19 with the gills. Just happen to be a dude moving to Canada couldnt take it with him. I got so Lucky!

7. Tdizzle28

Tdizzle28

I'd try him again, unless it's been just recently. I think I pissed him off asking if he'd ship it a week or two back.

svtpwnz likes this.
  8. Tdizzle28

Tdizzle28

Were you looking to sell it or just saying you got one?

9. Tdizzle28

Tdizzle28

Did you ever get in touch with him? I saw he just reposted the ad yesterday.

svtpwnz likes this.
  10. svtpwnz

svtpwnz

I never heard anything else back from the guy. I don't know what the deal is or if he's a flake or what. I'm leaving that one alone.

His first answer was very short and he never responded to my question on when and where to meet. I'm not gonna drive an hour and twenty minutes and be stood up. I just don't get a very warm and fuzzy feeling from the guy.

11. Tdizzle28

Tdizzle28

Roger that, I just saw it post up and thought I'd let ya know. Happy Hunting!

svtpwnz likes this.
  12. svtpwnz

svtpwnz

I appreciate it very much! It was just plain weird. I emailed him on 8/20 and asked where and when to meet and for a few pics. I asked if Sunday or Tuesday would work and gave my cell number. He sent three pics and not a word as how to meet up or anything, just the pics only.

He didn't call, email or anything. My first message asked if he was coming towards my area and he replied that he never goes to Summerville. That's it.

I'll pass on that one and keep looking. It's a shame really, I sure would love to get it.

13. svtpwnz

svtpwnz

Ok, I tried again today to get this guy to meet at a middle point which is about an hour for both of us. He said he can't meet today and that location is an hour away from him but maybe tomorrow. :brickwall:

I respond and tell him I will meet him there tomorrow and it's about an hour from me also asking him what time for which I get no response back.

I just sent him another email letting him know I am willing to travel closer to him but need to know when and where. I also suggested he drop it off at a local FFL and I will send payment to them and then I can pick it up from the FFL later this week when I can get up there.

Just waiting on a response now............

I get the feeling he really doesn't want to sell this pistol or something else is up.

14. Tdizzle28

Tdizzle28

I don't think he wants anything to do with a FFL and I think you're correct in saying he doesn't want to sell it.

15. svtpwnz

svtpwnz

I don't think he does either and I'm done dealing with him. He wrote me back saying Santee is too far for him and he couldn't give me a time right now. He also said he will have to wait and see how things play out tomorrow and that he would rather do a FTF transaction with a BOS.

This has bad mojo written all over it and there is no way in hell I'm meeting this guy anywhere.

16. intenseneal

intenseneal

I want a gilly rtf2 g19 but finding one has been like finding a unicorn. My good friend has one but it wont be going anywhere.

17. G19Tony

G19Tony Sneet CLM

When I'm not carrying the G43 in my pocket, my G19 RTF2G goes on my hip.

18. ejjeff

ejjeff

Is it just me or do others find that the "gills" make it harder to work the slide?