Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum but been lurking for the past few days. i saw a few threads related to these Glocks but really I was just looking for opinions.
I bought my 19 RTF with the "fish gill" slide serrations about a year ago at a gunshow here in Florida. It was a LEO/MIL sale only so I snagged it from the guy (I'm a 2LT in the Marines) Now my only problem is that I'm looking for something to get into 3 gun with and I was thinking 17 RTF (i love the grip) but been searching and as I'm sure you all know the fish gills have been discontinued and that got me thinking it might be more of a collectors item to someone and perhaps I should hold on to it and just buy a 17 outright instead of selling it. Does anyone here see that happening with the fish gills or do you think they will fall into obscurity along with many many other designs so it doesn't really matter if i get rid of it?

I have a Springfield MicroCompact .45 for my carry so it's not like I'll be getting rid of my carry gun, just looking for something to make shooting tighter groups easier.

·
Mediocre Member
2,244 Posts
There have been a couple people on here looking for fish gill RTF2. I'd hang onto it. You might be able to get a good price if you sold it.

As far as buying a RTF G17, it's easier to find one without the fish gills. Check GunBroker.com. I've seen some RTF's on there.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Where are you located? I just picked up a 23 rtf with gills at the local Cabelas. Had a hell of a time finding it and paid threw the nose when I did.

I noticed they had a 17 RTF with gills in the case.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm in north florida for the time being. Waiting on orders right now so I don't know how long I have but I would like to pick something up soon. I suppose I'll hold on to the 19 and pick up the 17 when I find one I like, don't necessarily want a gen 4 or an RTF with fish gills but would like a newer one. I already have through friends and misc purchases picked up drop legs, holsters and all sorts of odds and ends for a 17. Anybody have any words on the HK P30, I've been looking at those as well and while i dropped a good amount of coin on my .45 I don't know if I can justify spending 800+ on an HK when Glocks are so affordable and reliable at the same time

1 - 5 of 5 Posts