Glock Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a WWYD question

I have a couple of very clean RTF2 (gills) gun's. One is a G19 and the other is a G23. Both are super clean. I want to shoot GSSF matches with a G19 or G17. Since the RTF2's are somewhat "rare" should I not use it as a shooter or just enjoy it and shoot as many rounds as possible though it... like a few thousand a year?

Or should I safe queen the RTF2's and pick up a Gen4 G17 to shoot GSSF?

· M62/76
14,804 Posts
Definitely shoot! Sure RTF2s are somewhat scarce but far from truly rare- it isn't like a Gen 1 19 or anything.

· Registered
47 Posts
Given the current market value on the G19 RTF2 with gills and the availability, or rather, non availability, I would use that to determine if you should use it in competition.

I would consider it highly unlikely that Glock would do a run on gilled slides. But, one never knows. Market value is $650 and up. The more time goes on, the more valuable it will be. Some view it as any other Glock 19, and that is fine, but they have one dimensional brains.

· Registered
2,042 Posts
Glocks are meant to be shot. I have two gen-1's that get shot and I don't see any value decrease yet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.