Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My favorite pistol - I really like it, but it is eating my hands up. Am I holding it wrong or what? All Glocks are just a touch to big for my hand and my middle finger knuckle on my trigger hand is taking a beating. Any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
466 Posts
shoot it more, your hands get used to the rtf.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My favorite pistol - I really like it, but it is eating my hands up. Am I holding it wrong or what? All Glocks are just a touch to big for my hand and my middle finger knuckle on my trigger hand is taking a beating. Any suggestions? Thanks.
My glock 19 3rd generation with the finger notches in front of the grip tear my hand up.

The second generation fits my hands the best.

They change the configuration because it is in their best interest to sell more new hanguns.

I love a Glock but some are not comfortable.

I know of no solution to your problem unless you trade for another model that fits your hand better.

Pat Olvey
email [email protected]

·
Helicopter Nut
7,762 Posts
Don't hold it as tight. Should hold it like a good hand shake and just about like your about to break an egg. Use a shovel in the yard or do pushups to toughen up your hands.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I 2nd this !
It's apparently a Gen3 RTF2. My G22 is a Gen3 RTF2, no problems with the texture here. If I was going to buy a G19, I would look for what the OP has. Nice weapon.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
The RTF2 texture will flatten out over time. Once that occurs, you will have an extremely comfortable gun that will not go anywhere.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Just take a piece of fine grit sandpaper to the grip. Sand it down a little bit. I love the fish gills, but the grip is way too rough. I wish they made fish gills with the regular gen 3 receivers. I think they would sell like hotcakes. I have a gen 3 g19. If I could find a rtf 2 with the gills really cheap I would buy it and switch slides.

·
Glock Sportsman
1,363 Posts
Some guys like a rtf frame (receiver). Thus, you can try to trade the frame with someone for a regular frame. Otherwise, start squeezing a rubber ball to strenghten the grip.

·
Registered
23 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts