Glock Talk banner

G19 owb holster

1276 Views 36 Replies 37 Participants Last post by  MeatGrinder
Can anyone recommend an owb concealment holster for my G19-5. For my build, 5-11 @210 it needs to ride high and tight at 3 oclock like my old Serpa. I'm getting concerned about the buzz lately on safety issues with the Serpa it so maybe I need to retire it to my old holster collection.
Reactions: Hauki and Lt. Donn
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
795 Posts
Frog,

I have use both of these for many years and recommend them.

I would say that the Silent Thunder from Garret probably rides / sets abit tighter to the body.

But you would do well with either one.

Reactions: Hauki

· Registered
61 Posts
I’ve used the Galco “Concealable” and the CompTac “Warrior” and both have been comfortable and good quality. I‘ve recently been buying Wright Leatherworks for my CZ pistols and the quality (fit and feel) have also been really good.

· PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia
15,082 Posts
Can anyone recommend an owb concealment holster for my G19-5. For my build, 5-11 @210 it needs to ride high and tight at 3 oclock like my old Serpa. I'm getting concerned about the buzz lately on safety issues with the Serpa it so maybe I need to retire it to my old holster collection.
Probably a dozen good makers of owb Kydex for that platform...if you have a gun show in your area, might be an opportunity to try several different brands for fit...or a full-service LGS...I have also used outlaw holsters on eBay...they make a good Kydex rig in multiple styles colors etc

· Registered
1,450 Posts
I like Kydex holsters with Glocks…both for speed and retention. They are free of thumb-breaks or other appendages that could get hung up in your trigger guard. The El Paso Saddlery Street Combat is a decent leather option, but is slower and has limited retention. It’s also more expensive. Check out Blackhawk’s Kydex offerings…

· Registered
3,239 Posts
Kramer Belt Scabbard
Yep, this is the one (y) (y)
My EDC WCV Gen 5 Glock 19 rides in one during the Spring, Fall and Winter months. During the Summer I'll usually switch over to my Sparks SSII IWB holster.

Been using a Kramer horsehide belt scabbard since the early 90s. Plain clothes duty use, off-duty, and regular ol CCW EDC. Lots of different guns over the years, but my EDC gun always gets a Kramer horsehide belt scabbard.

Good luck on your choice.

Reactions: -JV and Hauki

· Registered
5 Posts
I’m a big fan of upper hand holsters

Handgun holster Wood Gun accessory Everyday carry Metal

Handgun holster Wood Auto part Fashion accessory Pattern

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Talk mobile app

· Registered
4,772 Posts
Check out Vedders for both IWB and OWB.

· Registered
1,051 Posts
I’m a big fan of upper hand holsters

View attachment 1155002
View attachment 1155003

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Talk mobile app
that is exactly the OWB holster I am looking for, easy on and off like my IWB holsters.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts