close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

G19 Mags Where to Buy Cheap?

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by CPotato, May 23, 2006.

1. CPotato

CPotato

First I have to say.. I have a brand new G19 but just found out it was shipped with no mags. I mistakenly purchased a high CAP model online and when I went to pick it up today I noticed that there were no mags but a note on the order form indicating no High Cap in CA! After speaking to the wonderful customer service rep (guess who), I was simply told that they took it out of my order and that they will not ship me any replacement mags! I asked why I wasnt contacted to correct the issue and got no reply.

I even asked if they would discount me some regular 10 round mags and was told no. GREAT!... last time I deal with them.

Anyway, now I have a shinny new G19, ammo, and no mags. Can anybody direct me as to where I can get some at a decent price. At this point.. I'm looking to spend more money than if I bought it locally so any suggestions would help.

thanks

UPDATE>... TG resolved the issue, thanks to Josh from TG.

2. RonC

RonC

Midway? They were selling 15 rd for about $16

3. stangyg123

stangyg123 NRA 4 Ever

Congrats on the new G19! Now give Glock a call and tell them what happened, I'm sure they'll send you some mags.

770-432-1202

:)

4. tooly

tooly

+1

That sucks , sorry to hear that !!!:frown:
    where did you get the gun ???

5. Otto Skorzeny

Otto Skorzeny

Are you from California? Or just buying a gun from California?

6. marvin72

marvin72

7. hman

hman

The cheapest place to get G19 mags is the Classifieds. :rollsmiley:

8. 45-Fu

45-Fu Mighty Chuck

www.cdnninvestments.com

They were having a sale on them not too long ago. Check them out. I usually get my mags there for my Glocks and my AK.

9. CPotato

CPotato

Im in Cali, and will try calling Glock tomorrow. Thanks for all the suggestions.

10. RAH

RAH Keep The Change Millennium Member

Sorry to hear about, only a theif pulls that kind of crap. Honest shops either include new ten rounders, take a little off the price, or ask if you want to cancel the order.:soap:

CDNN sometimes has them on sale, $10 or so.

When you get your ten rounders check the followers, they'll probably be 2183s. Swap them for number 3 followers, you can get them from Glock or the classifieds. Some, before the Glockers jump on me notice I said SOME, G19s choke with 2183 followers, it's good idea to swap them just to be on the safe side.

11. hman

hman

12. CPotato

CPotato

Im new to guns, but what is a follower? and how will I identify that it is a 2183s?

thanks

13. 45-Fu

45-Fu Mighty Chuck

A follower is named for what it does - it "follows" the rounds as they are stripprd from the magazine. It is the plastic thing you see at the top of an empty mag and sits atop the magazine spring.

If you take your magazines apart you will be able to see them much better. The numbers are on the followers that will tell you which follower is in the magazine.

Just a note, since you are new. It is just as important to keep your magazines clean as it is your weapon. You do not have to put oil or lube on them - in fact, it is a bad idea to do so. Just take them apart from time to time and wipe them out.

14. Glocks&Ducs

Glocks&Ducs

I also say call Glock and let them know you got ripped off. They sell their new guns with two new magazines. If one of their distributors or dealers are removing them before sending you a gun, that you paid for as new, that is being stolen from, plain and simple. The only thing TG had a right to do was cancel your order, and they should have a default system that automatically flags standard caps going to states that can't have them. That is their responsibility as a vendor.

As far as the 2183 followers. Buy a box of all the different kind of ammo that you think you will ever shoot through your gun. Go to the range, and function test the gun with all that ammo. If you have problems, then I would worry about hunting down replacement followers. I am not stuck with ten rounders, but I do have a couple that I bought while we were still under the ban. I just ran 2 weights of CorBon, some Remington Golden Sabers, Winchester hollow points, Federal hollow points, and Federal reduced recoil hollow points through two G19's. One is a 2nd generation, the other is a 3rd generation, and not a single one round failed in either of the guns, with several magazines. 2 were Clinton mags with 2183 followers, 2 were genuine pre-ban NFML with the plain followers, and 2 were the latest generation with 9mm5 followers.

15. blisster

blisster

raise hell for the theft and return the gun for a full refund!! Then go to a dealer who will not steal from you.
    Go ahead and buy some more mags, you will need them anyway.

16. 64zebra

64zebra

I've had great luck with CDNN. HK, glock, and AK mags.

17. CPotato

CPotato

No luck with Glock.. they refered me back to TG. I guess at this point its a lost cause and I will be purchasing new ones.

thanks everyone for their input.

18. Yellowtail

Yellowtail

I enjoyed their web site and was going to buy some accessories for my G19 as well.

19. Glocks&Ducs

Glocks&Ducs

Call them and tell them you want to return the gun on their dime. They did not send you what you ordered. They have a legal responsibility to send you what you ordered or cancel your order if they found they couldn't do that. Did you pay by credit card? Call the credit card company and tell them to take the funds back since you did not receive what you ordered. Leave the gun at the FFL, so they can't so you have stolen it. Not that they could do that anyway.

20. variablebinary

variablebinary