Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve always been a Glock fan. I’ve carried them for over 25 years in one way or another. My current duty gun is a personal G17 Gen 4, with my desk / off duty gun being a G19 Gen 4.

I recently strayed into the Sig P320 realm but realized - I can’t hit the broad side of the barn. Don’t get me wrong - they may be great guns - just not for me. So I dumped both my P320’s and added some more G19’s. Today I got my G19.5, and in a few weeks I’ll get my G19X.

What is it about the 19 that just makes it so perfect?

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I agree, the G19 is the perfect pistol for my hands. Balances perfectly and I am really accurate with them . It's perfectly proportioned in my opinion. I have 2 and want to add more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
I hear ya brother, I have 5 G19's in different flavors. Includes my original issued 1989 G19 with a BMxxx serial number-bought it from LE dealer who traded us for G22's (That G22 and I did not get along at all. I dont think it liked me:(:D).

Reactions: G19 DB

·
Registered
176 Posts
It’s the length of grip. Just enough to fit all fingers without leftover real estate. It’s the same length as the Hi Power and the 92fs, which both feel great in the hand. The barrel/slide are proportionate to the grip. It’s just the right size package.

·
Registered
45 Posts
So I’ve always been a Glock fan. I’ve carried them for over 25 years in one way or another. My current duty gun is a personal G17 Gen 4, with my desk / off duty gun being a G19 Gen 4.

I recently strayed into the Sig P320 realm but realized - I can’t hit the broad side of the barn. Don’t get me wrong - they may be great guns - just not for me. So I dumped both my P320’s and added some more G19’s. Today I got my G19.5, and in a few weeks I’ll get my G19X.

I understand about not being able to hit the broadside of a barn! In fact I had to explain the expression to my daughter today when talking about my Shield. I shot a G19 today and shot it so much better than my Shield it wasn't even funny. I like the size for control but still compact enough to conceal easy enough. Magazine capacity a great plus also. Looks like a Glock is in my future!

·
Registered
3,772 Posts

It's quite concealable yet offers 15 rounds in a "fairly" ergonomic package.

The slide length is about perfect and it's recoil management is good.

Add extreme reliability, durability and Preventative Maintenance schedule and it's hard to beat. Others are better in some areas but add the sheer volume of OEM parts suppliers and it's no contest .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
NRA Patron Member, Blue Knights Member
670 Posts
I’m waiting to find a used gen 2 Model 23 but I agree the size and reliability are just magic

·
Registered
378 Posts
The palm swell location on the 19/23 models is near perfect.

The larger models move the swell down the grip and that ruins my hold.

I just shot a 26 and the swell is moved up, because that's all the grip there is, and it still feels better than the full size models.

Batts

·
Have Gun Will Travel
3,456 Posts
OP, congrats on your new 19! For me, the G19 is the perfect size for duty and CCW. It feels perfect in my hands and I shoot it well. I too strayed over to the P320C. Although I can shoot the lights out with it, I'm not as comfortable as I am with my 19. Mine goes back to the factory next week for the "voluntary" upgrade. It's still got a place in my collection but in no way does it come close to replacing my G19. I'm hoping to add a 19X to my collection very soon. :)

·
Registered
19,830 Posts
After 24 years of blissful Glock ownership, I finally bought a Glock 19 last summer. It is definitely in the Goldilocks zone; easy to shoot, not too big, not too small, and just to make this one a little different, I bought one of last summer's limited production run of Gen IIIs with an olive drab frame. :supergrin:

·
Join GSSF!
392 Posts
I never liked the 19 until I bought a Gen 5. I love it without the finger grooves. Great firearm, possibly my favorite striker fired gun. I have a 19X coming in this week too so I guess you could say I have 19 fever.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I was drawn to the 19 a few years ago because of the perfect size and the clean lines. It looked streamlined with no ambidextrous crap hanging off of it or flared magwell or chopped up grip. It was just a gun without the mud flaps and chichi balls.

·
Registered
6,860 Posts

Nothing. They just work for you. If they were perfect for everyone there wouldn’t be ten gazillion different plastic pistols being pumped out everyday. I would say that anyone who’s carried and shot Glock pistols extensively should probably stick with them. The longer you use a certain product and the older you get; the more difficult it is for us humans to change & adapt to something totally new. I don’t hate or love any plastic pistol. If it works for me that’s good enough. My 43 works well for me so it’ll take something better to replace it. On the flip side, there are Glock models that I think are tits on a boar hog for my needs.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts