Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to hear from fans and fanatics about which IWB you USE and WHY.

Warning: I am a Milt Sparks fanboy for all of my other IWB carrys from .380 to .1911.

I am 6-3, 220 and wear suits during the day and shorts/jeans after work sometimes with shirt in and sometimes with shirt out. And I am in TX where we can open carry if we want - though I never have and don't expect that I will start. I am in and out of my car all day so looking for something that I don't have to remove. Though removing the gun from the holster is fine. I typically carry all day so a comfortable rig that distributes the weight and doesn't pull on my belt would be perfect.

So looking for my first non-leather, non-MS IWB holster for either my Gen2 or Gen5 G19 - no lights or tactical attachments....just a plain Jane G19. Have read most of the posts here and elsewhere and visited a bunch of mfg sites hoping to find the Holy Grail. I have landed on three that seem to fit the bill - the Torsion from Bravo Concealment, the Rebel from Tactical Hippo with foam backing and the Black Arch Proto. I am NOT sold on any one these but after paying upwards of $120 and waiting 6 months for my last MS, a lower price point and ready availability is nice. Would love to hear from actual owner/wearers of these plus any others that I should consider.

Thanks in advance for taking time to respond.

·
Premium Member
Lenexa, KS (Kansas City Metro)
744 Posts
The choice of a holster is very subjective and a personal thing because everyone’s body is built a little differently. I guess I am lucky because I only tried a Crossbreed before finding the Nate Squared holster.

I have two Nate Squared (N82) Tactical Professional IWB tuckable holsters, www.n82tactical.com. Tuckable means your shirt can be tucked in around the outside of the holster. One is for my Glock 17 Gen 4 and the other one is for my Glock 30 Gen 4. N82 sells several types of holsters but I like their Professional model best. It is a single clip holster that I wear at 9 to 9:30 as I am left handed. Some people don’t like a single clip because they say the holster moves around. Mine settles into my left hip and doesn’t move around at all. It is all day wearing comfort. Because it is a single clip instead of a double clip it is very quick and easy to put on and take off which I really like.

The Professional has 3 layers of material. A very soft suede backing that sits against your body inside your belt, then a rubber neoprene layer to block moisture from reaching the gun and the soft black leather on the outside of the holster that the gun sits next to. No part of the gun ever touches your body. I always wear a T-shirt under my outer shirt. The gun slides into a poly carbonate which has retention and trigger guard protection.

N82 has a lifetime guarantee and a 30 day trial. Their products and customer service is absolutely superior.

·
Banned
409 Posts
My old faithful Comp-Tac MTAC and Infidel Ultra are great.

But what I use most often is just about the most cost-effective and comfortable holster I have ever owned - Remora. They stay put, and I do not feel the need to occasionally lift up on my belt while walking around, as I do with every conventional IWB holster I have ever owned. And yes - I wear good gun belts. Wilderness 1.75" 5-stitch or Beltman. With a Remora, a stiff gun belt is somewhat redundant and fairly unnecessary, because the holster itself keeps it from moving.

·
Registered
663 Posts

Warning: I am a Milt Sparks fanboy for all of my other IWB carrys from .380 to .1911.

I am 6-3, 220 and wear suits during the day and shorts/jeans after work sometimes with shirt in and sometimes with shirt out. And I am in TX where we can open carry if we want - though I never have and don't expect that I will start. I am in and out of my car all day so looking for something that I don't have to remove. Though removing the gun from the holster is fine. I typically carry all day so a comfortable rig that distributes the weight and doesn't pull on my belt would be perfect.

So looking for my first non-leather, non-MS IWB holster for either my Gen2 or Gen5 G19 - no lights or tactical attachments....just a plain Jane G19. Have read most of the posts here and elsewhere and visited a bunch of mfg sites hoping to find the Holy Grail. I have landed on three that seem to fit the bill - the Torsion from Bravo Concealment, the Rebel from Tactical Hippo with foam backing and the Black Arch Proto. I am NOT sold on any one these but after paying upwards of $120 and waiting 6 months for my last MS, a lower price point and ready availability is nice. Would love to hear from actual owner/wearers of these plus any others that I should consider.

This is the one i ordered for my CZ P10C, i love it.
https://www.tier1concealed.com/collections/allholsters/products/xiphos

Going to order one for my Gen3 G19 as well.

I found out about them from this video.

·
Registered
764 Posts

phlster aiwb minimalist I believe it's called. I'm same size as you carries under a t shirt with an aiwb mag pouch (phlster ) comfortably . I think both ran me under 70 bucks. Works well enough I'm not shopping for another. Prior to kydex I carried in high noon (down under ) I believe top notch comfort as well.

·
Just sayin'
4,642 Posts
Comp Tac Minotaur IWB holsters rocks my world.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Reactions: dfwglock

·
"The Goose"
3,605 Posts
I am liking all kydex more for Glocks. Especially since you mentioned taking the gun in and out in the car. A single clip like the tulster or zorn is safe and easy to remove the entire rig, but will never be as comfortable as leather.

JM custom makes an iwb 2 that I’m going to try next. Two clips, behind the hip, but all kydex.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks to everyone who responded. I really appreciate your comments (and links). I have ordered both the Black Arch proto and the N82 Professional. Not sure I am going to like the single clip on the N82...but I like the way the backing is made and it sure looks comfortable especially against bare skin. Will let you know.....Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Drat. I'm late to the party again. In the event you don't like either of those, you might consider Stealthgear. I have no affiliation with them, other than owning two of their holsters, but I really like their Revolution line. I carried a G19 in a horsehide CBST for several years, and it was a good holster, but after I got my first Revolution (for my Shield), I sold the CBST and bought a Revolution for my G19. The Revolution weighs about 1/3 of the CBST, and it has a ventilated, neoprene-like backing. Good stuff.

https://stealthgearusa.com/

Reactions: jr24

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Drat. I'm late to the party again. In the event you don't like either of those, you might consider Stealthgear. I have no affiliation with them, other than owning two of their holsters, but I really like their Revolution line. I carried a G19 in a horsehide CBST for several years, and it was a good holster, but after I got my first Revolution (for my Shield), I sold the CBST and bought a Revolution for my G19. The Revolution weighs about 1/3 of the CBST, and it has a ventilated, neoprene-like backing. Good stuff.

https://stealthgearusa.com/
Actually, not too late! :) That is some kinda cool looking holster. Can you/have you worn it against bare skin (summer time)? Curious how comfortable it is for all day wear....

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
My Glock 19 usually gets carried in my Kramer horsehide belt scabbard OWB. However, during the summer months or those times that I want/need more concealment I will use my IWB holsters. The holsters that I have found work for me are the Sparks SSII, the Comp Tac CTAC or MTAC. I switch between them depending on where the belt loops of my shorts/pants ride. I carry at the 4:00 position.

·
Registered
9,956 Posts
I love my Vedder holster with the claw I have one for several of my Glocks great reviews and price point.
After trying them all (it feels like) and getting harassed for my Rubbermaid tote full of unused holsters I've settled on the Vedder lite tuck with claw as my ideal. It is slim, has proper retention, low footprint and doesn't slide around on my belt (my problem with several other brands of single clip cydex) and holds my adjusted can't properly (my problem with the MS summer special 2, cant wobble when standing/sitting leading to printing or requiring adjusting, due to leather loops).

Also the price is good and turn around is fast.

Airsoft gun Everyday carry Handgun holster Gun accessory Camera accessory

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.