close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 19 G19 gritty trigger

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Chris Bowles, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Chris Bowles

Chris Bowles

Been shooting my new gen4 g19 and noticed the trigger pull felt kind of off. After the last time shooting i was cleaning my gun and pushing the trigger bar back and forth i can feel where it is catching. The flat part if the trigger bar that rests against the connector is rubbing the frame. The very back part of the trigger bar. Here are some pics of the area where is it hanging up. It is not so bad that the trigger doesn't reset but it is noticeable. The area where is is rubbing the frame there is a molded line that is above the flat part if that makes sense. Should i sand that down some so it isn't contacting as bad? Gun has around 500 rounds through it. Any input? [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  2. maxmanta

maxmanta

I've seen a couple of gen4's that have some very obvious trigger issues. QC problems, maybe?

I just bought a g19 gen3 and the first thing I did was replace the trigger with a smooth g17 trigger.

3. Chris Bowles

Chris Bowles

Here is a better pic of where it is rubbing [​IMG]

4. ChuckC45

ChuckC45

Could you show a pic looking down on the ejector/connector housing?

5. Mike-M

Mike-M

OP...Get rid of the picture in your first post that showed some kind of bogus frame without slide rails and other irregularities that was definitely not a Glock Gen4. I was pretty sure your thread was a joke when I saw that.

Even the photo in post #3 has many irregularities. Are you just finding junk photos on the web to dump in to your thread? Get decent REAL photos of YOUR real pistol!!! Don't try to pass off stuff you find on the web without admitting to that from the first.

6. Chris Bowles

Chris Bowles

None of these pictures are mine, just used them for visual purposes you give you guys an idea. Out of town right now for work.

7. Chris Bowles

Chris Bowles

Yea i will take some pics when i can

TNRonin likes this.
  8. Mike-M

Mike-M

Put out of mind ANY thought of cutting, filing, or sanding ANYTHING. Before that, find a competent and experienced Glock armorer, who with little doubt wil find the real problem.

What you can do now is:
    1. Find the coil trigger spring, part 25 in the owner's manual parts diagram.
    2. Find the coil trigger spring in your pistol, under the trigger bar cruciform, part 26.
    3. The rear hook of the TS is attached to the rear of the trigger mechanism housing, part 23. Find where the FRONT hook of the TS is attached, at the trigger with trigger bar, part 26. Visually verify that the front TS hook lays straight up and down through the hole where it attaches to the trigger bar.
    4. If the TS hook is canted to either side at the trigger bar, it will rub abnormally between the trigger bar and the trigger mechanism housing. This condition will cause adverse trigger feel and potentially serious reset problems. Correction is easy without frame disassembly. Use a small screwdriver blade to straighten and reposition the TS hook into its groove on the trigger bar. This condition occurs mainly in Glocks made since 2011 with the improved (to prevent hook breakage) coil trigger spring attachment point on the trigger bar. It occurs easily during careless reassembly of a Glock frame. If the condition is visually verified not to exist after frame assembly is complete, it will not develop during subsequent use.

SJ 40, rick7938 and dudel like this.
  9. F-111 John

F-111 John

When my Glock 26 Gen 3 was brand new, my trigger pull was gritty as well. One drop of lube in the area you have circled in green in the first photo is what cured it for me.

That is a lubrication point in the Glock manual.

10. Chris Bowles

Chris Bowles

I lubed it and it did help some. Just not as smooth as it should be i think.

11. Chris Bowles

Chris Bowles

An experienced glock amorer to find the real problem? I understand and get where your coming from but i already found the problem. Its exactly what i said it was. Thats the resistance in the trigger. These guns are so simple, not much to them. Mostly posting it on here to see if anyone else has had this problem. I will double check the spring that your talking about though.

12. Keith Pierson

Keith Pierson Exploring Alternate Routes

Oil it and put 600-700 rounds through it then get back.

13. Mike-M

Mike-M

Silly me...suggesting trained competent evaluation prior to making an irreversible frame alteration! My apologies.

You will search long and hard to find anyone that has ever had to sand or cut away anything on the internal surfaces of any Glock frame. That rarity should give you pause to reconsider the certainty of your diagnosis and cure.

Chop and cut and sand away to your heart's delight. At worst, all you might do is irreparably damage the frame. The result will still very likely fire most of the time! :)

14. Chris Bowles

Chris Bowles

I get where your coming from. I failed to mention the frame is cerakoted and the trigger bar is np3 coated. My diagnosis is correct no doubt. And for the cure we are talking very very little material. Prob just enough to remove the cerakote finish in that spot

15. TNRonin

TNRonin Happy g21/g19 /g43 owner! Millennium Member

Keep this updated. I'm curious.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

16. ChuckC45

ChuckC45

Is everything factory on the gun? And has it been like this from shot 1-500

17. Ofc.JL

Ofc.JL

Well, Jeezuz! No wonder you are having problems. The "CeraKote" monkey strikes again! If I had a dime for every gun I have seen messed up with that "wonder" paint, I would be rich. Don't get me wrong, as paint, Cerakote is good stuff. As a gun finish and a covering on polymer frames, it's crap. And so many people think they know how to apply the stuff, really don't. Good luck.

NoComp likes this.
  18. NoComp

NoComp The Shootist

I have a completely stock gen 4 G19 and I can feel the frame flexing slightly from the outside, as I pull the trigger. Same spot as you. Trigger pull is excellent however.

Agree on the ceracote and the trigger bar being NP3'd would be enough tolerance stacking to cause the issue

19. Cpt.America

Cpt.America

If the inside of the frame has been painted/koted, the tolerances may have been changed.

20. Chris Bowles

Chris Bowles

Factory except drop in robar trigger. I bought it brand new cerakoted, i think vickers maybe? Anyhow the trigger came as a set with the housing,connector, trigger bar and trigger shoe. Drop in unit. Overwatch trigger. Prob 500 rounds factory then another 200-300 after the trigger install. Everything felt fine and didnt even notice the gritty feeling while shooting until i got home and cleaned the gun and noticed it while dry firing. Not terrible but enough to notice. I greased it and it felt a bit better now debating to lightly sand the area so an even smoother pull. Like i said everything functions fine and trigger resets but just a slight resistance in that spot. Still better than the stock trigger. In comparison my g43 has no resistance what so ever in that spot. I get they are different guns. On the g43 with the slide off pushing the trigger bar forward and releasing, it snaps back all the way to the rear. On the g19 when i do the same thing it wants to, but hangs up a bit in that spot. Sorry for not giving the complete details initially as i was rushed when making the post.

I dont understand why some are freaking out about cerakote. If it adds a bit to the tolerances why not just lightly sand it down. Kind of like when replacing a part on a vehicle you clean all mating surfaces.