GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Gen5 G19 MOS, and it looks great (paid way more than I probably should have, anyway) I noticed a strange issue that I’ve not seen on any other gen Glocks. When the slide is locked to the rear on the Gen 5, the firing pin freely moves back and forward, even through the breech where it ignites the primer (regardless of whether the trigger is forward or backward). Is this normal? Is this something to worry about? My Gen 3 doesn’t do that, the firing pin is totally blocked. Is there a reason for this or do I have a lemon, because I wanted to buy a second one. Thanks guys, I really appreciate your help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MikeM or one of the other gurus may chime in with the mechanics of why a Gen 5 does this.
Ok, thank you. Look forward to the explanation and reasoning behind it. I just want to make sure the Gen 5’s are as bombproof safe like the other gens are (because they changed the striker and striker safety on the Gen 5). I remember seeing a Larry Vickers video of him throwing a gen 4 out of a helicopter onto asphalt with one in the pipe and it not firing. Just want to make sure the Gen5’s are equally as safe etc. (because I carry appendix ). I thank you again for response and answer, I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I purchased a Gen5 G19 MOS, and it looks great (paid way more than I probably should have, anyway) I noticed a strange issue that I’ve not seen on any other gen Glocks. When the slide is locked to the rear on the Gen 5, the firing pin freely moves back and forward, even through the breech where it ignites the primer (regardless of whether the trigger is forward or backward). Is this normal? Is this something to worry about? My Gen 3 doesn’t do that, the firing pin is totally blocked. Is there a reason for this or do I have a lemon, because I wanted to buy a second one. Thanks guys, I really appreciate your help.
This thread discusses your question.
Mike-M answers the question in his post#5.

Link:
https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/gen5-question-on-striker-for-the-experts.1730530/

Interesting...... :)

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Just want to make sure the Gen5’s are equally as safe etc. (because I carry appendix
Regardless of the generation, when you carry appendix the risk is you. Do yourself a favor, get a gadget and carry with a far greater level of safety.

Reactions: FrankRizzo55

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Regardless of the generation, when you carry appendix the risk is you. Do yourself a favor, get a gadget and carry with a far greater level of safety.
Thank you to everyone for your response, I greatly appreciate it. So the Gen 5 is just as drop safe as the previous gens then despite the mechanical changes Mike talked about? I already bought a gadget, thank you that’s a GREAT recommendation. Thank you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts