close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G19 gen4 slide issue help

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by thewoo1, Feb 23, 2012.

1. thewoo1

thewoo1

Guys I need you to weigh in on this problem. I have a g19 gen 4 bought last march. original extractor and ejector with the new spring assembly I got after the recall from glock. Gun ejects fine and never jams (Over 1500 rds) fired. The issue is that after putting a new mag in, the slide releases. It has just started to do it though not all the time. I shot 25 magazines with 10 rds . The mags are all factory from glock less than a yr oldand I have 10 mags . Six times out of 25 the slide relaesed upon the magazine seating. After the first one I made sure my finger was not near the the release. Gun is cleaned after each use and lubricated . Any ideas as to why?

2. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

That happens with Glocks, there's nothing you can do to change it. Just make sure to pay attention when seating a magazine to see if it happens or not.

3. xrmattaz

xrmattaz

This Glock feature has always been considered beneficial!

Don't count on it happening every time, though.

4. thewoo1

thewoo1

Thanks. I called glock told me it was probably a bad mag. What is amazing is that you guys indicate it happens with glocks. That is why I come here first, get real answers instead of following the company line. I am sure I wasn't the first person to call tech and present that issue. Well I wont worry about it then and your right it is beneficial as long as it doesn't surprise you. I thought I might have had to go through the crap of sending it back etc. Thanks again for the peace of mind.

5. Piston10

Piston10 Member

All four of mine do it. If mag is put in with "normal force" then it won't, but if slammed in with a little extra force behind it, happens every time. These are all brand new guns and new mags, all stock. I like it.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

6. smitty704

smitty704

I have almost 2000 rounds through my G19 gen 4 and it doesn't happen to me. I think it's because I use the "slingshot method", which doesn't put as much wear on the slide release.

7. Piston10

Piston10 Member

Not a wear issue. I do this all the time with mine at the range. In fact did it the first time with my 19, the first mag I shot with it. If it does not slide on its own when mag is put in, I can smack the bottom of the mag with my hand and it will still release the slide. My cousin taught me how to do this even before I had my first Glock. My wife even does this most of the time when loading a new mag on her 26. I say normal, don't think all four of my glocks a month old, four different models all have the same problem.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  8. ca survivor

ca survivor

this ^^^^^

9. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

No matter how hard I try all the glocks I've owned never did this. With that your situation is NOT a problem.