Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took my new G19 Gen4 to the range this morning. I fired a total of 105 rounds without an issue. The first five were Speer Gold Dot 124 grain HP, followed by fifty each of WW white box 115 grain and Remington UMC 115 grain ball.

I did not clean the pistol prior to shooting. I compared the recoil to my friend's Gen3 19, and we agreed that the Gen4 recoil felt lighter.

First five rounds:

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Nice looking group! How many yards?

Good to hear your gun is doing well. My gen 4 19 is doing great also. No problems through 600.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Nice looking group! How many yards?

Good to hear your gun is doing well. My gen 4 19 is doing great also. No problems through 600.
I'm nor sure about the distance, but between 4-5 yards. My main concern was just starting to break it in. I noticed that with the same hold, the range ammo all printed 1-2" left of the orange circle.

·
TEXAS COWBOY
722 Posts
Nice shootin'....that is almost like gun control in Texas.....

Gun Control in Texas = 5 out of 5 in the bulls-eye. - Now that's gun control!!!!!

·
Glock Sportsman
1,363 Posts
Thats what the gun should be like..... a good shooter, congrats.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Very good to hear. I thought all the recent production G19s were coming with the 0-4 spring; maybe they figured out how to fix the reliability concerns without losing the heavier spring weight?

Congratulations, and great shooting!

Regards,

Kevin

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very good to hear. I thought all the recent production G19s were coming with the 0-4 spring; maybe they figured out how to fix the reliability concerns without losing the heavier spring weight?

Congratulations, and great shooting!

Regards,

Kevin
Kevin, nice to see a familiar face forum sigforum. ;)

T.R. Graham told me that all Gen4 made in 2011 should have the 04 spring, and I have heard of some late 2010 guns coming with the 04. Mine was tested 11/18/10.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Congrats & good shooting! Glad to hear that you had no problems with your Gen4!:cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts