Glock 19 G19 Gen4 Ejector question.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by rlacrossjr, Jun 13, 2020.

1. rlacrossjr

rlacrossjr

Hello,

I just noticed that when inserting full Magazine into my G19 Gen4, the ejector presses down on the top round. Is this normal for the newer TRIGGER STOP CONTROL HOUSING SP30275? I took some pictures and slid the top round forward to show how much it presses on during inserting magazine. Just want to make sure it’s not putting excessive pressure on mag catch or ejector. My other handguns, the magazine loads under the ejector.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
  2. thewoods868

thewoods868 thewoods868

First off thats the ejector the extractor is on the bolt face. Second it’s normal. If you have trouble inserting mag all the way lock the slide back first then load a round and don’t top off your mag.

L-2 likes this.

3. L-2

L-2

Also, part #30275 is a Trigger Mechanism Housing ("TRIGGER STOP CONTROL HOUSING" is an unknown part name to me).

4. John_AZ

John_AZ

I’m going to need a clearer picture of those feet. Private message is fine....

DirectDrive, 2740dmx and FireMedic-50 like this.
  5. rlacrossjr

rlacrossjr

My bad said it right in my head. Fixed. I’m in NY so it’s a 10 round loaded to 7rd (safe act). As long as that’s normal, ejector pressing down on the round in magazine.

6. rlacrossjr

rlacrossjr

Think both are correct, just description on who sells it. [​IMG]

L-2 likes this.
  7. L-2

L-2

Post_6, thanks for the reference. I didn't realize NDZPerformance was using that name for the part.

8. 2740dmx

2740dmx

7 round limit?
    Holy cow... I knew NY was Fascist, but.... 7 round limit..:burn:

BigMoneyGrip likes this.
  9. sandman77

sandman77

7 rd limit in NYS was thrown out by a judge who basically said 7 rd limit is arbitrary but 10 rd limit is ok lol. So the restriction is 10 rds.

10. rlacrossjr

rlacrossjr

The SAFE Act Suspending the requirement that only magazines that can contain 7 rounds or less can be purchased. Going forward, magazines can be purchased that can contain up to 10 rounds. Magazines may only contain up to 7 rounds regardless of their capacity, unless you are at an incorporated firing range or competition, in which case you may load your magazine to its full capacity.

My county pistol office says don’t load then over 7 when carrying.

11. Mike-M

Mike-M

The terminology used by some half-vast third-party parts huckster does NOT define what is correct. ONLY the name used by Glock applies, and that's clearly and unambiquously shown in every owner's manual and in the parts list for certified armorers. Those may be downloaded here:

https://us.glock.com/en/downloadable-materials

There's only one correct name for each part in a Glock pistol. For part 30275 it's the Trigger Mechanism Housing (TMH).

Papa glock and L-2 like this.
  12. yep380

yep380

So, guys, just an observation, but... you've covered the OP's feet, the proper name of the TMH, and finally NY's ridiculous mag capacity dance.

Can someone answer the OP's question?

13. jhc37013

jhc37013

It's normal below is my gen 4 19 and there is only two rounds in the magazine in this pic, if I loaded the mag all the way up it would be even tighter. [​IMG]

14. Intolerant

Intolerant

Completely normal. Mine 19`s are the same way. Just run it.

15. rlacrossjr

rlacrossjr

Thanks, only brought up since I had 3 magazines that would no longer lock and could pull out. Glock did a one time replacement on them plus mag catch. Seems like the same pressure damage is happening to the new ones. Guess it’s normal, don’t know how people don’t destroy magazines with aluminum catches.

16. ActanonVerba70

ActanonVerba70

First - it's always easier to trouble shoot a problem with a firearm when in hand. But if you don't mind some questions and suggestions:

In reference to what is in bold text above - something does not sound right. You did not mention the fact that 3 magazines would no longer lock in your first post. Is this a new problem?

IMHO - either have an individual very experienced in Glocks (i.e. armorer or other knowledgeable person) take a look or send the firearm to Glock in GA.

EDIT: was the firearm already sent to Glock or did Glock send you a new mag release?

Respectfully submitted...…..

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020