344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Glock G19 Gen3
LIKE-NEW-IN-BOX (40rnds)
OD Green frame
Tenifer Slide finish
2008 Austrian Manufacture
CALIFORNIA COMPLIANT

g19_lcll1xx_right.jpg g19_lcll1xx_left.jpg g19_lcll1xx_top.jpg g19_lcll1xx_muzzle.jpg g19_lcll1xx_boxed.jpg

Original Gen3 Reliability
Manufactured in 2008, when Glocks really were totally, relentlessly reliable.
No worries about Gen4 "Hot brass in your eye."
No worries about Gen4 "Mystery feed/ejection issues"

Many prefer Gen3 to Gen4 for these and other of reasons.

OD Green frame
Difficult to find in 2008.
Had to special order all three of my Green Glocks.
Probably “collectible.”

Tenifer slide finish
Tenifer is much harder and more durable than the slide finish on current USA-made Glocks.
The EPA has restricted Glock Inc from using Tenefir on USA-made Glocks.
This is a rare specimen because it’s like new.

Austrian manufacture
I don’t know if Austrian manufacture is any better than American.
I do know that 2008 Glock 9mm pistols did not exhibit the problems current Gen4s do.

California compliant
The anti-liberty Leftist California legislature banned the sale of USA-made Glocks in CA.
This pistol, due to its Austrian manufacture and date of manufacture, is fully eligible for transfer to a California FFL and sale to a California resident. I sold the matching G26 to a Los Angeles resident earlier this year.

$625 DELIVERED

This pistol has fired only 40rnds of factory fresh 115gr jacketed 9mm ball. Function testing at the time of purchase consisted of: Discharge 5rnds through each magazine, then 15rnds through each magazine. No problems. Cleaned the pistol meticulously and stored it in a climate-controlled safe for the duration of Obama’s presidency.

Recently I sold the "identical twin" OD G19 and matching OD G26. Both were NIB (new in box).

The G19 went to a buyer in Mississippi for $700 + $50 insured delivery. Total $750
The G26 went to a buyer in Los Angeles for $700 + $50 delivery. Total $750

You would never know this LNIB G19 has been fired…except for the fact that I JUST TOLD YOU. I’m sure I could sell it as NIB, but I’m not wired that way.

My price is $125 LESS than the price for which I sold the identical twin. That’s a GIANT discount for just 40rnds fired.

It looks NEW and has MANY unique, desirable features. Certainly it’s worth a mere $50 MORE than some plain black, run-of-the-mill, USA-made Gen4. Especially if you’re “trapped behind enemy lines” in California. And ESPECIALLY if you don’t like Gen4 failures-to-feed and hot brass in your eye! :supergrin:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Glock G19, OD Green, Gen 3, LNIB (40rnds), Tenifer Slide, Austrian 2008, CALIFORNIA COMPLIANT

ORIGINAL GEN 3 RELIABILITY.
Made back when Glocks really were reliable.
No Gen4 "mystery feed/ejection problems."

$625 DELIVERED

·
Cage Fighter
1,342 Posts
Not tryin’ ta’ bust yer balls, but just FYI: Tenifer is not the slide’s finish; it’s the treatment done to the metal. The finish is actually Black Oxide.

And, like many, I sincerely miss both on the newer Glock slides. Only real “complaint" I have about them.

Regardless, best of luck with your sale. With that combo (BO slide/OD frame), it shouldn’t last long.

-TRM

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not tryin’ ta’ bust yer balls, but just FYI: Tenifer is not the slide’s finish; it’s the treatment done to the metal. The finish is actually Black Oxide.
Thanks. I appreciate the clarification. Am I blushing...? :supergrin:
Hell, I figure if I don't learn something new today, I'm just not tryin' hard enough.

FWIW, the slide finish on this Gen3 pistol is blacker and more shiny than the flat dark gray on my Gen4s. It looks sharp.

And, like many, I sincerely miss both on the newer Glock slides. Only real “complaint" I have about them.
I hear you. I haven't experienced it myself, but a lot of guys could also do without the Gen4 hot brass smacking 'em in the cornea...

Regardless, best of luck with your sale. With that combo (BO slide/OD frame), it shouldn’t last long.
Thanks, and don't forget to "TELL YER FRIENDS!" :supergrin:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glock G19, OD Green, Gen 3, LNIB (40rnds) CALIFORNIA COMPLIANT, Tenifer Slide, Austrian 2008

ORIGINAL GEN 3 RELIABILITY.

Built back when Glocks really were reliable.
No Gen4 "mysterious feed/ejection problems."
No Gen4 "hot brass in yer eye!"

$625 DELIVERED

1 - 8 of 8 Posts