Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
Lenexa, KS (Kansas City Metro)
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does a new G19 Gen 5 come with a smooth trigger or a serrated trigger.

If a serrated trigger, is there a Glock OEM trigger from another gun that will work in the G19.5?

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Gilbertc13!

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
Does a new G19 Gen 5 come with a smooth trigger or a serrated trigger.
Smooth face.
It is serrated. 17.5 should work and is smooth
Imaginative, but very incorrect response.

ALL Gen5 triggers are smooth-face. There is no such thing anywhere as a Gen5 grooved-face trigger. (Sometimes incorrectly called "serrated".)

The grooved-face trigger was an invention to earn five GCA68/BATFE import points to qualify the smaller Glocks for US importation. Gen5 pistols are imported with a new narrow rear sight that earns ten points as "drift-adjustable target sights", so it is unnecessary to provide (or even make optional) the grooved-face trigger. Those five lost "target trigger" points don't matter.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
19.5 smooth trigger:

20200516_100602.jpg

G48 serrated trigger:

20200516_100626.jpg

Reactions: Papa glock

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
The grooved-face trigger G43 is not a Gen5 pistol. And...unfortunately its slide is too narrow for using Gen5 sights to qualify as drift-adjustable target sights and make the grooved-face trigger unnecessary for G43 importation.

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks again guys for your great information.

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
Pathological.

No Gen5 Glock has ever had a grooved trigger. Glock has never made a Gen5 grooved trigger with trigger bar. If one wants a Gen5 pistol with grooved trigger, he must kludge one together from a Gen5 TWTB and a pre-Gen5 G19 or G26 TWTB because Glock has none to sell.

Reactions: Papa glock and L-2

·
Registered
108 Posts
I’ve had 2 Gen 5 19’s, a standard early model Gen 5, and a newer Gen 5 19 with front slide serrations. They have both had smooth triggers. I’ve not seen a standard or MOS Gen 5 19 out of probably 20 that I’ve seen that hasn’t had a smooth trigger. Can’t say on the 19X as I’ve never paid attention to them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts