Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was cleaning my glock after a range day, got a little too ahead of myself, and put the slide on before I put any of the frame internals in (locking block, slide stop/release, and trigger housing). I cannot find a way to get my slide off. I have tried the only thing that I can think of, and that was to take the backplate and firing pin out. Even with that out the slide is still stuck on the frame. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Pull trigger, or make sure the takedown lever is depressed. I’ve never seen that issue before. I have put my slide back on accidentally before putting the recoil spring and barrel in. I’ve always been able to pull the backplate off and the slide comes right off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
Pull trigger, or make sure the takedown lever is depressed. I’ve never seen that issue before. I have put my slide back on accidentally before putting the recoil spring and barrel in. I’ve always been able to pull the backplate off and the slide comes right off.
It's ALWAYS best to call parts by the name Glock uses in the owner's manual, especially when reponding to a new owner who may not be familiar with all the sloppy lazy terminology used by a few. :)

SLIDE LOCK - Not "takedown lever".
SLIDE COVER PLATE - Not "backplate".

Reactions: coma1924

·
Registered
65 Posts
You don't need to strip your frame to clean, all you're doing is wearing the frame holes.
I'm surprised by how many folks strip down their Glock frames to clean them.

I stripped my G19 Gen3 once about 15 years ago, just to see how it all worked; I haven't fully stripped a Glock frame since.

·
Registered
442 Posts
It's ALWAYS best to call parts by the name Glock uses in the owner's manual, especially when reponding to a new owner who may not be familiar with all the sloppy lazy terminology used by a few. :)

SLIDE LOCK - Not "takedown lever".
SLIDE COVER PLATE - Not "backplate".
He said backplate in the OP, so he knows what I’m talking about. If you said slide lock to me, I’d think you were talking about what I hit with my thumb to drop the slide on a slide lock reload

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
7,192 Posts
The trigger is not in the frame
WTF? The trigger is not in the slide! OP, pull the slide cover plate, pull out the firing pin, and spring loaded bearing. The slide will then come off. Happens to newbies all the time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts