Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need advice from the Forum members. Bought a G19 Gen 5 blue label recently and shot 600 rds of fmj ammo, ranging from 115 to 147 gr. The pistol is thoroughly cleaned and lubricated after each trip to the range. Still the slide is extremely hard to rack back, especially 0.1-0.25 inch back it is kind of getting stuck, something holds the slide. Once I am past 0.25 inch back, it becomes easy again. I put a slide from buddy's G19 Gen 5 on the lower of my pistol, it does the same thing. His pistol is very easy to rack, so I am guessing something in the frame of my gun is problematic.
My gun is shooting OK, but I get occasional brass to my face (147 gr, surprisingly) and I also had failures to feed and eject (every 100 rounds, it seems).
Any suggestions and advice? TIA

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
:nsb:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSiOq_uvCmg

Watch this cute little girl do it.
At 3:57, is key.

Rack it with intensity and purpose. You buddies gun is irrelevant.
If it shoots fine, then nothing is wrong. 22's are easy to rack if you can't live with it.
Man, I am 260 lbs, did lots of competitive freestyle wrestling in my youth, still can tear a phone book, and served in the Army Rangers, LOL. I can rack the slide for sure, but it just feels like it is getting stuck in gravel. I want it to be smooth.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Could be an issue with the trigger bar. Replace or send back to Glock to fix.

The trigger bar depresses the safety plunger in the slide and works in the first 1/4" of the slide movement so that's what leads me to think it's the trigger bar. Since it does the same with your buddy's slide, the plunger on your slide should be fine.

Brass to the face would be caused by the ejector so getting a new/different trigger housing should help.

·
MacGyver
7,502 Posts
Wanting is irrelevant to what works. I want a Glock with a 1911 trigger too-- but it an't going to happen.
Because it is a tilt barrel, and the the top of the barrel hood is where the slide must cross over (probably what you are feeling), it will never be smooth as glass.

Tearing a phone book is a bar trick.
Free style wrestling does not require the same hand strength of Judo, nor does serving in the Army Rangers because last I checked, they do not have criteria for hand strength. How much handgun training did you get in the Rangers?

Watch the video, its cool. Thank you for your service!

·
Registered
3 Posts
i know this is an old post but I think this could actually be down to the connector above all else. I’ve been running a Ghost Edge 3.5 in my G19 for about a year and when I first installed it, the slide was extremely stiff to the point it felt wrong. I actually had to remove the connector and bend it out slightly which made things a lot better.

However, for the past few months I’ve been comparing the G19 slide and trigger action to my G45, which seems much easier to rack, like your buddies pistol and it got me thinking should I go back to the original OEM connector to do a proper comparison.

Something in the back of my mind was telling me the difference was significant still, so this evening I put the originally collector back in my G19 Gen 4, and it’s now as easy to rack as my stock G45. Based on this I would say perhaps the connector is out of alignment as from my experience this can have a noticeable impact on slide resistance.

Anyway, better late then never and just wanted to share my observations from my own personal testing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts