Glock Talk banner

G19 gen 4 compatibility

597 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  CBTENGR
I have a gen 4 Glock 19 zev tech slide and I want to put it on a 17,19x or 45 full size frame. What frames would work or be best? Thanks!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
11,865 Posts
None of those as is. Unless you do something about one of the levers on the ambi-slide stop of the 19X or 45, the slide may not lock open reliably.

The 17 frame is not even compatible with the 19 upper. The lockup is the same on the Gen 5 17 so in theory it should, but it accomplishes nothing that a G45 couldn't give.

· Registered
1,997 Posts
The G19 slide is too short for the G17 frame and you would end up cutting into the serial number plate if you cut the frame down to fit the shorter slide. The Zee slide will fit the 19X and 45 frame just fine. See below.

You can use a Gen 4 G19 slide on a Gen 5 frame, but you need to change two parts. You will need to use a Gen 3/4 slide stop lever AND a Gen 3/4 trigger pin. The G5 pin will not hold a G3/4 slide stop lever in place. Notice the difference in the grooves. Gen 5 pin is on the left.

· Registered
2,038 Posts
The G19 slide is too short for the G17 frame and you would end up cutting into the serial number plate if you cut the frame down to fit the shorter slide. The Zee slide will fit the 19X and 45 frame just fine. See below.

You can use a Gen 4 G19 slide on a Gen 5 frame, but you need to change two parts. You will need to use a Gen 3/4 slide stop lever AND a Gen 3/4 trigger pin. The G5 pin will not hold a G3/4 slide stop lever in place. Notice the difference in the grooves. Gen 5 pin is on the left.

View attachment 954736
Would the rear slide plate need to be changed to a gen5 rear slide plate as well?

· Registered
1,997 Posts
Ah yes I forgot to mention that. You will need the Gen 5 slide cover plate when using the Gen 5 trigger housing and trigger bar. I sometimes overlook that since most of my plates are from MILSPIN and they are universal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.