GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Used a $7 file from Home Depot and removed the finger grooves. Took 15 minutes or so. Im putting talon grips on it so didnt worry about the finish too much, just used the finest grit on the file. It has 4 grits on the file.

I may do the heat reduction method for the back strap, havent decided yet. I may also do an undercut on the trigger guard for my knuckle, but I dont seem to have that big of an issue.

·
Premium Member
42,099 Posts
Looks great,...320 grit sandpaper followed up with green scotchbright will
come very close to matching the frame sheen.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I I wasnt a fan of them. Its much more comfortable now. There arent many guns out there with the finger grooves built it. Most are flat on the front and I prefer it that way.

Unfortunately my camera is a POS so I couldnt get it to really focus. It looks pretty good but I didnt spend a lot of time making it look that great because Im putting Talon Grips over it.

Has anyone used a GAP plate on a G19? Its going to be my carry gun and I was thinking about using one on my primary carry magazine.

·
NRA MEMBER
8,151 Posts
I'd smooth it out some before using the talons, It will stick better and not allow much crap to get in between the Talon and gun.JMHO

·
Registered
375 Posts
Simple 30 minute job with a file, sandpaper and wood cutting tool.
So simple, even a caveman can do it.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I would cover the grip with a sleve or something because you can still see where the grooves were

·
I love Guns
559 Posts
looks really good.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Simple 30 minute job with a file, sandpaper and wood cutting tool.
So simple, even a caveman can do it.

That is what I thought when I first went to view this thread: "Oh no, not another hack job, I really don't wanna see it." But I did and with a little additional work it will work out fine for the owner.

jb

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would cover the grip with a sleve or something because you can still see where the grooves were
A. Its going to be my carry gun(Once I get my CPL in the next month or so), I couldnt care less if you can see where the grooves were.

B. I will have Talon Grips on soon.

C. Its a Glock, Im obviously not going for aesthetics here. :supergrin:

·
Dapper Dan
4,170 Posts
I think he's having trouble with the idea of "tool" vs "investment" and can't properly express himself. One day I will grow a pair and de-groove at least one of my G19's.
I've been thinking about it for my G21 forever. This thread might have finally convinced me to go for it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts