close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G19 Ejector

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by mikiep, Apr 9, 2012.

1. mikiep

mikiep

I have been reading about the ejectors on the G 19 gen 3 and 4 manufactured after Nov 2010 with a number of 336. My question is, is it all Gen 3 and 4 manufactured after that date having the problem or just some. I'm asking because I only have about 100 rounds on my Gen 3 that was manufactured Feb. 2011 and have had no problems yet but, only about 100 rounds out of it. Thanks

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  2. Spartan24

Spartan24

No problems? No problem! Keep shooting!

Not all the newest batches of Glocks are having issues. Only a small part of the whole. Count yourself lucky and load your mags so you can empty them with pulls of a trigger!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

3. jsimion1986

jsimion1986

Any idea what numbers are having issues? Like the ejector numbers?

Sent from my iPhone
    Polishing..Barrels $15, Slides $30
    jsimion423@gmail.com for pics and questions.

4. bill1725

bill1725

Where is this number "336" located? I cannot find it on my G19.

5. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

Not all have the ejection problem. If you haven't experienced it, you don't have anything to worry about and there's no need to change anything.

This is the ejector, the one pictured is the old ejector, 336 for 9mm or 1882 for .40.
    [​IMG]

These are pictures of the new ejectors:
    [​IMG]

6. Wizz

Wizz

One speculation is that the newer mim extractors are wearing quicker, so the problems may not surface for 2-3k rounds when using the 336 ejector until the mim extractor starts wearing out. It's best to look at info/examples from people that put a lot of rounds down range instead of reports from casual shooters who might only shoot 1-2K rounds/year. Any problematic patterns will surface quickly when shooting 2,000 rounds per month. Congrats and enjoy! And if it does by chance start acting up you can always send it to Glock and they will put the new ejector in it.

7. tango44

tango44

All my 9mm Glocks have the 336 ejector and no problems at all!
    G17, G19, G26.

8. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

If you have no problems, you will have no problems. Shoot and enjoy.

9. MountainGlock

MountainGlock

If it is the MIM extractor, can you buy non MIM extractors anywhere ?

10. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

THIS

:50cal:

11. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

You can look around in your local gun stores that sell Glock parts to see if they have old stock of extractors. The old investment cast extractors have a tiny number cast into the internal spine of the extractor. The new "MIM" extractors either have the number cast into the rounded "leg" of the extractor or they have no number.
    [​IMG]

Here's a picture showing where to look for the cast number on an old investment cast extractor:
    http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa348/SGTDuffman/Glock%20Fixes/NEWEXTRACTOR5.jpg

Remember, if you use an extractor that doesn't have a Loaded Chamber Indicator(LCI), you must also use a non-LCI spring loaded bearing for your caliber.

LoneWolf makes their own brand of investment cast extractors as well, I just wish they hadn't put the cast number into the semi-circle cut-out that the firing pin safety seats into, that cast number wears on the part of the firing pin safety that contacts it. If I get another one in the future, I'm going to grind the cast number down to be flush with the surrounding surface.

Apex Tactical has been experimenting with 9mm Glock extractors, so far I don't think they've put them into production, they just had some prototypes. They're machined but I'm not sure from what, it looks like bar stock carbon steel. Here's a thread about it:
    http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1396760

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  12. Hoopinator

Hoopinator

My Injector is 30274

[​IMG]

13. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

If you had the issues you would know right away. My new one ejected left, right, up and back at my face from the get go. Every magazine through it. Eventually the left hand ejection stopped and the tempo of brass to the face slowed, but it was still a lot. It's back at Glock.

I think you are fine.