close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G19 Asian made mags -Question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by gbatch, Aug 4, 2012.

1. gbatch

gbatch

Tried posting this in the Ask Expert forum a week or more ago and it hasn't been reviewed/posted yet. Frustrating. So, here goes

Over a year ago, I bought 3 new Asian made G19 mags. I'd read about issues with the springs, so I bought Wolff springs and switched them out. Until a week ago, the mags sat, never used. Last week and this week, I took them to the range. They work fine EXCEPT that the pistol locks open with 1 round left in the mag. Every time.

I won't buy any of these mags again and will only use the ones I have for range use.

Anyone have an idea what's going on?

2. Glock_9mm

Glock_9mm

Is the follower getting hung up on something? I had the same issue with a factory G19 mag. There was a small piece of plastic on the follower that was getting caught up on the inside of the magazine...weird it is happening on all 3 though. Nonetheless, I would take them apart and see if that could be your culprit.
    Scott

3. ak103k

ak103k

Id put the original springs back in and see how the work.

I have a bunch of the Korean mags for my 17's, and they all run like the factory mags.

4. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

What I would look for is plastic moulding flash,I know in the ones I have it's everywhere.
    I cleaned it up with a Exacto knife and fine toothed file after that and the Wolff spring no problems.
    I suppose there could be a problem with the followers but all of them,it's my understanding that the Koreans copied Glocks # 5 followers in 40 S&W not sure what # in 9 mm. SJ 40

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  5. gbatch

gbatch

OK, guys. I'll try all your suggestions.
    Thx

6. cajun_chooter

cajun_chooter

i guess they are cheaper for a reason..

7. Two Guns

Two Guns VIP MEMBER

I bought 10 of them and have had no problems at all. If I was you I would put the factory springs back in them.

8. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor

I agree with AK 103..put the original springs back in an try again.

I run the Asian KCI mags as practice magazines "ONLY" in my G-19...I have found the original springs work fine...for me at least...as I said, they are strictly "range mags" and as such I drop them in the dirt etc...clean 'em off and keep rocking,,,in fact, in light of Aurora, I am ordering a few more didi mau.

One interesting note: a fellow shooter bought some older KCI mags for his G-22 that were not drop free...we thought they all were the same...apparently not so...so Yankee Ingenuity, we palm sanded the sides...looks like heck but they work fine now.